Logitech MX700 Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech MX700 Mouse

Anyone using one of these? I already have a Microsoft Intellimouse explorer wireless that I love, but replacing batteries on it sucks. I'm wondering if anyone has experance using both mouses and what you think of them
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I have it and love it. I tested my mouse to see how long it would last with the stock batteries, and I think it got to over 34 hours of straight use, not counting the hours it would sit there on idle (not in the charger). It's the best mouse I've ever used.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Does the mouse encrypt it's transmissions? I know Microsoft's is supposed to use Bluetooth.

Comment

I love mine as well. Very comfortable, batteries last just about forever, and it recharges them in the base. Also, a much better gaming mouse than the microsoft...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
          Does the mouse encrypt it's transmissions? I know Microsoft's is supposed to use Bluetooth.
          Why the need for encryption?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I can see why you'd want your keyboard to have encryption, but the mouse? Not much sensitive data there.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

yeah, but somebody can capture your transmission and gain control over your desktop ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                yeah, but somebody can capture your transmission and gain control over your desktop ;P
                Err yes but then how can they know what they're doing????
                As for Batteries get re-chargeables and that solves that problem.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                  Err yes but then how can they know what they're doing????
                  As for Batteries get re-chargeables and that solves that problem.
                  It's not about knowing what they're doing. Put a bunch of these in an office, and without some kind of encryption or identification it will be just like having the same cordless phone as your neighbor - damn annoying.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well I'm using wireless mice here and there within three feet of each other sometimes less and they don't interfere with each other.
                    I've heard Hp keyboards having rather to much range though.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That's because most wireless mice, like cordless phones, have multiple channels they can operate on. So, add enough mice and you'll start seeing problems.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X