Britian grinds to a halt under snow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britian grinds to a halt under snow.

None around here but why does the country stop after a few flakes.

Trains it's the wrong type of snow.
    Roads The gritters say theres to much traffic so they can't grit plus they can only grit after it's snowing. The last bit is bullshit as they used to grit before and during snow when I was a kid.
    Powers off in some areas due overhead cables been brought down. Get the damn things underground.

My own thoughts is that it a combination of cost cutting (Gritting staff and railways) and a lack of experiance for the drivers.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sounds like South Carolina when it rains. and those same lame excuses are being used in a few other states I know of (like Indiana).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well they're going to get some more practise tonight.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

and to think I'm running around barefooted wearing only shorts

(Ok this is the only time of year I can relish the warmth others miss out on. The rest of the year it's too bloody hot)
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Moderate falls expected and wintry showers next week.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It took over 5 hours to move 32 miles from Sunbury-on-Thames to the edge of Hemel Hempstead. I left work at 17:30 and got in bed a 00:30. All this because of a little snow.

Regards MD
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Feel sorry for you. I've seen some stories of people taking eight hours to get home and you look at the distance they might as well have walked.
              The poor lorry driver this morning who'd been on the M11 12 hours was really pissed off and upset. He was clearly worried about dropping off and killing someone but had no choice as he couldn't use the hard shoulder for a rest becuase of blocking it and plus it's an offense.
              At the moment the country is laugthing stock of europe.
              As someone said "We don't need to worry about weapons of mass destruction. If terrorists could make snow Britian would be at a standstill tomorrow.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Snow heavily right now. People are still getting up our road.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

wow i am glad i am in fl instead of at home, it is around 75* at the moment
                  Dell Inspiron 8200
                  Pentium4m 1.6
                  640mb pc2100
                  64mb gf440go
                  15" uxga ultrasharp
                  40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

I am glad I am Finland and not in the UK. Here it might be -37°C but at least everything works
                    -Slougi

Comment

Every winter the power fails and telephone gets knocked out on our northen teritories....
                      And the excuses are as lame evey year
                      "We vere unprepered for the snow" hello? it snow every @£$€"#¤%& year!
                      "We dident thought that it would snow that much" it did this year, last year, the year before, awfully short memory....
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

No snowing here in Wales!!
                        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Some countries are just not prepared for any amount of snow, especially if it's a rare occasion.

WHAT PISSES ME OFF, is when we (here in Canada) get a bit of snow or rain, it's like people become paralized or fear saturates their thoughts, and drive like crap!

And this is in a country that sees snow every winter no matter what!

Comment

Look where I spent the day "Playing" !!

A14 Cambridgeshire closed

Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

No snow in Blackpool. Just too damn cold for me. I comfort myself with the thought that on Feb 14 i fly home for two weeks holiday to bask in the sun and laze around on warm white sand beautiful beaches. WooHoo!!!!!
                              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                              X