Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Dr Mordrid

Hello

In the first place it pardons me for my English.
    I have read that a six beta tester of MS7.0 and would want to ask a information.In order to enjoy the preview in RealTime it is necessary to import file video with the same characteristics of the plan, that is as it happens for MS6.5?
    If tax a plan MJPEG and amount file DV I will have to execute the rendering?

Thanks

All the news, reviews, beta tester reports about MSP7.0 are very exiting.
    (One of them: http://www.ulead.com/aboutulead/press/pr12-10-02.htm )

I feel, though, a blow of cooling wind ower the "excitament", by the fact that MSP 7.0 needs 2.0 GHz 512 MB computers.
    What will I miss with MSP 7.0 and my “obsolete” 1.33GHz 512 MB machine?
    What other HW is needed for proper operation of MSP 7.0?
    Should the more “obsolete” Marvel G400 card work with MSP 7.0?
    …if you understand what I mean…
    Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fred

I'm running MSP 7 with 1.6 GHz 512 Mb. It works fine except that I lose a little on real-time rendering. I can sometimes get away with +/- RT on single, simple transitions but the rendering is fast, anyway. I'd see no difficulty in using your 1.33 machine.

As for Marvel, if you can master it in XP, I can't see any reason why there should be a difference between MSP 6.x and 7.0. And you will not need any other hardware.

Barrichello

Same applies: if you can do it in 6.x, you should be able to do it, and more, in 7.0. The input and output files can be exactly the same. To get the most out of 7.0, you will ideally have at least a 2 GHz CPU and 512 Mb RAM, but it will work with less.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks Brian.
        Your answer is encouraging me.
        About the Marvel: I’ll let it work until it will die, then a new graphic card and a similar solution as yours (Canopus or other), could be the solution.
        At the present I am not prepared to invest money for a new computer, new graphic card, new camcorder etc.
        At the present my Marvel works fine in XP (thanks for all help I’ve got from Debbie, here at our Forum). The only thing I am not satisfied is that I can’t display the rendered clips with PICVideo from the timeline in MSP6.5 to DualHead-DVDMax TV. The final product works fine, but not from the timeline.
        In the other hand I refuse to try Morgan MJPEG again. It is very difficult to uninstall.
        Hope that MSP 7.0 will solve this issue with the TV display too.
        Regards,
        Fred H

Comment

Full directshow previews are supposed to be a feature in MSP7 thus anything that previews video should send it out to DVDmax -- like Premiere 6 does. VV3 makes zero use of DVD max, MSP6.5 in in between.

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm sure Doc will fill in some more details since I'm just repeating what he's told me.

OEM G450 boards are ~$65 and are great for editing if you are not also a gamer on you editing machine.

--wally.

Comment

Brian Ellis

thanks

Comment

Hi

I'm running MSP 7 with Win 2000, XP1.8, 512 Mb, ADS Pyro, Matrox G550.

This is under spec for real time but works great with loads of options for playback. I'm getting away with maximum quality playback to DV cam & dual head.

It seems to take about 7-9 seconds for instant playback to start, then transitions, video filters are played as smooth as silk to dual head or DV cam. I applied an old film video filter to a 2¾ video I have & it took the same time to start as a 10 minute test.

I have lots to learn about MSP7's capabilities but it's a lot of fun.

Regards

John

Last edited by johnpr98; 31 January 2003, 12:25.

Comment

I'm running MSP 7….
                Are you beta testers too?

I am jealous.

Fred H

Comment

Fred

Yes
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                  X