• Show
Clear All

• Blurred video image!!??

Hi
    First of all, this is my setup:

Matrox G400 MAX / RR-G
    AverMedia TV 98
    Video Input : Satellite signal

This is the problem: I have the same input in both the capture cards, and I have noticed that the image displayed by the Aver is by far more crisp and clear than tha RR-G, even using SVHS with the RR and composite with the Aver. This is quite annoying ´cos when I capture video with the RR the image is not that clear and crisp it´s supposed to be... this is taking me nuts
    I have screenshots taken from each card, and you can really notice the difference...
    Please help me out, guys

By the way, how can I insert images in the post so that you all can see them?

It is apparently due to the RR-G making some de-interlacing work before showing the picture. I too have snapshots of the same picture recorded from the Marvel G400 and a Pinnacle PCTV. No comparison, the blurriness of the Marvel is awfull. I have removed the Video tools from my PC, just because of that and because I am working under W2K (Matrox, where are the W2K VTs? Not the beta ones they don't work properly, certainly not with an audio card with WDM drivers).
    Michka

I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
    If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Hello Michel, thanx for the reply!

I have been researching this matter and have found something:

I have noticed that , if I open a program that uses the Aver video channel, and then open the Video Tools, the image is a lot less blurred, but still not that crisp it should be. I remember that with the Marvel G200 I didnt have this problem. Could it be that both cards are interferring in my system?

Comment

Some one year ago, I was using the RR-G with a G200. Now I am using a Marvel G400. And I also find that the situation has aggravated. But I am not sure it is a hardware problem, I think it is a driver problem. I wonder if Matrox has changed the level of deinterlacing from one ver to the next. Anyway, what I also found out is that in PC-VCR, the picture is sharper during recording than it is when not recording. But it is never as sharp as the picture I get with the PCTV from Pinnacle, nor with the Hauppauge WinTV.
        A lot of people (mostly from the US) don't see this blurriness, or don't care. Which make me think that the deinterlacing procedure might well give good results for a picture with NTSC resolution. It certainly is not the case for PAL format pictures.
        Michka
        I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
        If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

You´re right, Michel, I have noticed too that image is sharper when recording than viewing. It´s strange too that nobody but us has noticed this problem... I´ll try changing the output type to NTSC and see what happens...

Now Im downloading previous versions of VT to try out.

Comment

Working...
          X