Good news for Kiska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for Kiska

Havent been in a posting mood the past couple of months, but I got some good news today and figured good news is always well, umm... good to have here.

For those who remember my lupus thread from awhile ago, here's the update --- It was officially confirmed that he has SLE, and we started loading him up on prednisone and azathioprine every day. He's responded wonderfully so far and now he's down to 40mg of pred a day from 120mg two months ago and looks like he's starting to rebuild some skeletal muscle. Things were sketchy for awhile when i started finding little puddles of presents for me wherever he'd been laying and was pretty sure we were looking at failing kidneys, but.......

On to today's good news --- Latest bloodwork and ultrasound results . . . his cell count is good, all of his organs are in great shape, and his "leakage" problem has disappeared and was just a result of his medication combined with his lethargy leading to a stretched lazy bladder. We did discover a large spleenic mass though, but the lab result says benign (getting it double checked though). If so, then removal surgury is just around the corner and if successful then things will be looking bright. It's possible that the mass has been a hidden growing problem for a long time, and if so then there's a good chance that instead of being a symptom of lupus it's what caused his immune system to tweak out in the first place, which brightens the outlook of finally getting everything under control if successfully removed.

Sorry for the overly verbose post, but not exactly at my sharpest right now (havent gotten a lot of sleep the past few weeks between stressing and being awakened five times a night by a dog woofing in my face because he needs to go outside again )

Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but I wouldn't mind a few "knock on wood"'s from anyone reading this hoping for a positive outcome after surgury.

He doesn't look so hot in the pics, obviously kinda scrawny right now, but he's getting peppier again every day (at least he feels good enough to be a fricken blanket and pillow hog )
    Attached Files
    Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Good luck to him. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Comment

He beautiful!! Hope he get's better soon.
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Great looking dog! I feel your pain. I have two of my own.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Good luck with him!
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thanks.

I'm still worried - that spleenic mass is a time bomb, but he's getting better. At least he's feeling good enough to prance around instead of stagger for the first time in months and is starting annoy my shephard again, which is a good sign

Hele, what kind of dogs do you have?
            Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdrivrco
              Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but I wouldn't mind a few "knock on wood"'s from anyone reading this hoping for a positive outcome after surgury.
              ZokesPro knocks on wood!

Hope your friend gets his full health back, hate to see such a beautiful creature suffer.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
              X