No announcement yet.

Ok, so who is planning on getting this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so who is planning on getting this?

RC Agent
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
    AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

It's top of my list for any new Athlon systems, just a shame I'm not planning any major purchases...
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

As soon as one is awailable I'll get one :-)
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Depends on price.
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

P4 Equivalent?

Comment

I'll have to see if Epox makes one first....
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

yeah, I want, but not sure if I'll get it, I may wait for the Athlon64 to come out and hop all the way to there. I'm 50/50 split on this, I got a USB 2.0 harddrive and no USB 2.0 controller.

Comment

ehhh...who cares about ddr when all you get is ~20% performance (well many actually, but not me ;P). but msi indeed is ok (but in form of K7T Turbo 2 here). It's cheaper to buy a new cpu I guess then to go mobo+new (and not cheap) memory

Comment

nice, But I think I'll wait a few months for them to sort out any glitchces. REV 1.2 for me

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                    ehhh...who cares about ddr when all you get is ~20% performance (well many actually, but not me ;P). but msi indeed is ok (but in form of K7T Turbo 2 here). It's cheaper to buy a new cpu I guess then to go mobo+new (and not cheap) memory
                    Well, going from a Via chipset to SiS makes all the difference, I've had zero problems with my Radeon 9700pro on the 735 chipset. The onboard LAN is even pretty nice, and Linux supported. I will never, ever, touch a Via chipset again. (My K7T Turbo lived for 2 months and stopped booting)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                      DDR alone is not enough. It is just one component of many that must be faster. Just like going from 2 to 3 ghz does not give you a 50% increase without increasing the speed of the rest of your system. THis does not mean you stick with normal SDRAM or no matter what else you get you machine will only get so much faster.

Comment

Nah I'll be getting SIS based Hammer Chipset next year...my current system is pently fast enough now...
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I... I... must have one...

Comment

True. If I were to get a new computer, it will be an Athlon 64. So by then i will be probably looking at Hammer chipsets from AMD/SiS

Comment

the maddman, I agree VIA isn't doing the best chipsets in the world, but the late revisions of kt133a (found in mine k7t turbo2) are not making any problems (from my experience). Thought I wouldn't touch their ddr chipsets for sure...
                              And you must have bud luck with your board. Besides if mine eventually fail (and service won't find comparable) I can go for Asus with AMD761 (found it really cheap in one place) for example...but as long as with my system everything is ok, I'm considering all the trouble with changing mobo, reinstalling system (wchich is in perfect state now) and all this for not so much performance gain a waste of time.

High_Jumbllama, could you please repeat your last sentence (said another way)? Don't know why exactly, but english interpreter inside my skull went nuts when I've read that

Comment

Working...
                              X