Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOw I can't get independant res with G400 & Win2k

Hi

I know people have asked this before, and I'm embarrassed to ask myself, but searches only find answers that say 'search'.

I had the G400 in this box for some time, running DH at independant resolutions. Then I put a Parhelia in for a while and eventually got that working in independant mode. Now the G400 is back in, and I can't get it to do Independant mode. I've tried removing the matrox drivers and having it do a redetect, but I think it is missing the step that says something like 'do you want to install additional DH support' (it's been a while since I saw that so I may be miss-remembering).

Any ideas on how to fix this? Yes, I did remove the Parhelia s/w using add/remove programs.

TIA

T.
    FT.

yes,i reinstall my driver.
    PC:Intel P4 3G |Intel D875PBZ|Geil PC3200 256MB Golden Dragon x 2| matrox Parhelia-512 R 128MB|Creative SB! Audigy2 Platinum|Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120GB x 2 Raid0|WesternDigital WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0|LG 795FT Plus|LG HL-DT-ST RWDVD GCC-4480B|LG HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868|SF-420TS
    DataCenter:Intel PIII 450|Intel VC820|Samsung RDRAM PC800 256MB x 2|matrox Millennium G450 DualHead SGRAM 32MB|Adaptec 2940UW|NEC USB2.0 Extend Card|Intel pro100 82557|Samsung Floppy Disk|Fujitsu MAN3367MP|Seagate Barracuda ST136475LW|IBM DTLA-307030|Sony CU5221|SevenTeam ST-420SLP|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868

Comment

Hmmm, i got this installing a G550 in XP.
      I only could get clone or two desktops with the same res.

A ful uninstall, and get rid of any Matrox values in the registry, or on the HDD (system files). Its the old manual uninstall method explained somewhere at matrox, on the driver page. It states that if the automatic uninstall didn't work, to try that.

Then re-install the latest stable Powerdesk.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

been a while with the g400, but in the advanced tab, enable dual head support, and select the bullet that says independant resolutions
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

@Sasq thanks, but I don't have that option i.e. the extra bullet.

@everyone thanks for the suggestions & reminders. As a good clearout is obviously required, and I will be reconfiguring the machine as a server shortly anyway, I'll wait until then.

Cheers

T.
          FT.

Comment

You need to pick the advanced dual head support or something like that when you install the drivers.
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Originally posted by CHHAS
              You need to pick the advanced dual head support or something like that when you install the drivers.
              Yeah, thanks - that's the bit i was saying I'm not being offered.

Cheers

T.
              FT.

Comment

I know how to fix it! Really easy too:
                Boot from a dos floppy. Then do:
                A:\> format C:
                -Slougi

Comment

Originally posted by Slougi
                  I know how to fix it! Really easy too:
                  Boot from a dos floppy. Then do:
                  A:\> format C:
                  Thanks!

Do I need to use the capitals, or will all lowercase do?

T.
                  FT.

Comment

Working...
                  X