Military Appreciation Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Appreciation Month

I thought I would pass this on to anyone interested.
    If you are so inclined, visit the Department of Defense web page below
    and sign a brief message thanking the men and women of the U.S. military
    services for defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent
    out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only
    3,000,000 names.

What a shame.
    There should be hundreds of millions of thank yous.
    Pass the word that we can honor and support the defenders of freedom.

National Military Appreciation Month

takes 10 seconds...literally
    --Insert something here--

That was quick....and a good idea
    I'm a genie in a bottle BABY, gotta rub ME the right way!!!

Comment

Excuse me?

Military appreciation month? Give me a freaking break.

Don't they get enough "send your care, show your colors, show your appreciation, blah blah blah" through almost every medium available already? Now they need a month too?

Screw them.

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
        Excuse me?

Military appreciation month? Give me a freaking break.

Don't they get enough "send your care, show your colors, show your appreciation, blah blah blah" through almost every medium available already? Now they need a month too?

Screw them.

Rags
        Hey I spent 8 years, active and Reserve duty,and never got a Thank you...though I think your post is bit rude. It more or less like why isnt there a White history month in the USA?
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I think people who put themselves at risk to serve their country are deserving of a lot more respect than they get. They at least create a culture based upon teamwork and self-sacrifice, duty and honor. It is certainly better than the other American culture: corporate greed and corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
            Hey I spent 8 years, active and Reserve duty,and never got a Thank you...though I think your post is bit rude. It more or less like why isnt there a White history month in the USA?
            I am just sick and tired of all the "Yay for the military" crap that is being plastered all over the place. Enough of the propoganda already.

Every time you turn around there is a pro military commercial on TV, in the newspaper, in the magazines, on the internet, now they wanna take it even further? Give me a friggin' break. Enough is enough.

I am proud of our military, proud of my country, and have family and friends in the military. They KNOW their country is behind them as well as their family, and I sure am proud of them. I am thankful they are there, but I don't think it's necessary to pray to the military gods every time I turn around.

I don't care if you find this rude or not, enough is enough.

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
              I am just sick and tired of all the "Yay for the military" crap that is being plastered all over the place. Enough of the propoganda already.

Every time you turn around there is a pro military commercial on TV, in the newspaper, in the magazines, on the internet, now they wanna take it even further? Give me a friggin' break. Enough is enough.

I am proud of our military, proud of my country, and have family and friends in the military. They KNOW their country is behind them as well as their family, and I sure am proud of them. I am thankful they are there, but I don't think it's necessary to pray to the military gods every time I turn around.

I don't care if you find this rude or not, enough is enough.

Rags

Oh well I think it boils down to the typical overmarketing by the media...go figure
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I would be very pleased if I got a Thank You note from my country men during my military service.

Even though I am not american I live here and appreciate and admire the people that work to protect it.

What I do not usually like are the higher up officers

The peaks of mountains are conquered either by serpents or eagles. Don't know who said but I find a lot of thruth in it.

Comment

I do agree with Rags complaint about overmarketing... do they really need to run commercials for the military? I mean, what kinda people are they aiming for? "Gee, I never heard of the Army before, that sounds fun!"

Comment

SOme commercials are Ok as long as they are focused on what the Army does and what joining it can do for the prospective recruits.

Comment

The British Armed forces regularly advertise on TV. Even accounting for the small size of the British army, we still cant get enough recruits of the quality we need to perform some of our international obligations. I guess the US has pretty much the same problem.

Regards Michael
                      Interests include:
                      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

militaries should not be celebrated, the PEOPLE who serve in them respected for risking their lives for others yes very much so, but at the end of the day the military is a tool for killing people, thats not a good thing.
                        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
                          but at the end of the day the military is a tool for killing people, thats not a good thing.
                          I disagree with this. It might be like that in YOUR country but not in Canada.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Borat
                            They can also be a cause for good. Just look at some of the peace keeping work done in places like Kosovo, Sierra Leone etc
                            Interests include:
                            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Also in times of natural emergency, fires, floods etc.
                              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X