New version of Temporal Cleaner filter for VirtualDub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version of Temporal Cleaner filter for VirtualDub

Just to let VirtualDub users know, I have just released a new version of Temporal Cleaner that seems to do a much better job at noise reduction than the previous version. Slews of new options and features have been added including YUV processing, biased thresholds, pixel locking fixes. I describe them in more detail on the website. I also (finally) released the source code under the GPL with this release.
    Anyways, the download page is at http://home.earthlink.net/~casaburi

Thanx a lot for the great job you have done !!!
    Virtual Dub is for me now a must have!
    Currently re-compressing Babylon5 ep. 23 to DivX

Comment

bastioned: Thank you. Though just as I get a version out, Steven Don (the author of VirtualDub's built in capture-level noise reducer) started work on optimizing Temporal Cleaner (soon to be renamed) in assembler/mmx, and I got a very long email from a user of Temp Cleaner with TONS of great suggestions for even further improving the noise reduction that I hope to implement them shortly. (hopefully I'll also have time to go to class 2d cleaner is also being worked on.. I have a new build in testing that does a better job of noise reduction (but also has some odd artifacts currently on cartoon sources for some reason.. it's probably due to my own custom RGB->YUV code)

Comment

Working...
      X