Putin threatens Iraq.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin threatens Iraq.....

AP: KIEV, Ukraine -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that Moscow could soften its insistence on a diplomatic solution to the crisis surrounding Iraq if Baghdad hampers U.N. weapons inspectors.

"If Iraq begins to make problems for the work of the inspectors, then Russia may change its position and agree with the United States on the development of different, tougher U.N. Security Council decisions," Putin said during a visit to Ukraine.
    Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

How long for the click clunk???
    I go for ten posts.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Who knows? All there is so far is a news quote....

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

--Insert something here--

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
          How long for the click clunk???
          I go for ten posts.
          ROFLAMO

I'm with doc on this one

But if you feel the need to flame...do it without trying jerk peoples chains
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Now when do I flame. Very rare I may disgree but rarely resort to name calling.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

This is the 7th post, still no lock!

You didn't think Russia would stay out of a good fight would you?

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

They may not fight but they can let us use their bases. But who knows maybe they are getting a bit anxious watching the US kick Butt in Afghanistan.
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

He hasn't seen that yet, and so -- in sharp contrast to the Bush administration -- he supports letting the U.N. weapons inspectors drive the timetable: "I think it is very important for us to wait and see what the inspectors come up with, and hopefully they come up with something conclusive."
                  Schwarzkopf is, that's a suprise for me, not so eager to start a war.
                  Last edited by thop; 28 January 2003, 13:47.
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yes, its surprising for me also, BUT remember that he is no longer active duty, and therefore, he would not be privy to the information that Powell / Rumsfield / Bush / Rice have access to. So he's making his judgement based on what everyone else knows, and anything his old war buddies might have passed on to him.

In otherwords, just cause Schwarzkopf says we shouldn't go don't mean his word carries any more weight than say mine.
                    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

It is good to see some support.
                      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Putin will suport Bush.....
                        Bush is suporting what Putin is doing in Tjetjenia

Comment

I'm not really surprised by Schwarzkopf's position. It's hard to justify aggressive action before every other option is exhausted. We had the perfect excuse to go all the way and take this guy out ten years ago, but we didn't take the opportunity, and this inaction resulted in more Iraqi death and suffering than action would have.. a blind man could have seen that in a minute. I would really love to take out Iraq, but not at the expense of our own soul. We need to be sure the bad guy has drawn his gun first, or we are in danger of being transformed into the bad guys in the opinion of many. If we give the UN teams enough time to do their inspections, whatever they find, they will most likely give an impression favorable to military action. Even the most dense among them will understand when the wool is being pulled over their eyes.
                          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 29 January 2003, 01:25.

Comment

Watch out for the North Koreans! :O
                            That's where the threat is!

Comment

Okay I'm going for twenty posts for the clunckity click.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X