No announcement yet.

Realtek onboard NICs, does yours work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtek onboard NICs, does yours work ?

So I got this onboard RTL8100 NIC on my motherboard that doesn't seem to work. Win2k detects it, the drivers install fine, shows in device manager with no conflicts, but it just doesn't want to "see" the network.
    I got this other RTL8139 PCI NIC (made by Addtron I think) that works just fine.

(I removed the PCI NIC when I tryed to make the onboard one work and checked if the TCP/IP settings are set right)
    Last edited by Admiral; 28 January 2003, 15:49.

I have an onboard 8139 LAN chip on my server's mainboard (GigaByte GA-8IDXH), working flawlessly with Windows Server 2k SP3.

Have you tried to install some newer drivers?
    main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

yup, I tryed the latest found on their website.
      (RTL8139(A/B/C/D/8130)/810X series)

Comment

How about sis drivers???
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's a Realtek RTL8100 chip, not SIS.
          Strange thing is that the transfer led shows absolutely no activity, the status (cable connected) led is lit.
          On the PCI card the transfer led started blinking the moment I powered the PC.

Comment

Okay doke it's sis based motherboard according to your sig. Now on my sis based motherboard the drivers are from realtek on the cd they seem to be the same. In device manager it's identifed as an sis based card go and figure.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

On my CD the drivers are also from Realtek and when I first installed Windows it detected it and installed it as a Realtek xxxxx Fast Ethernet NIC.

Comment

Weeeird!
                acording to Leadtec it is a realtek nic
                Last edited by Technoid; 28 January 2003, 13:08.
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

10/100Mbps Realtek 8100B LAN Chip on board. (LAN version only)

WinFast 7350KDA

acording to Leadtec it is a realtek nic
                  Sure is.

Comment

Realtek onboard NICs, does yours work ?
                    Yes!
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

So have you checked your motherboard manufacturers site for updated drivers ???
                      Although it shouldn't show up in the device manager when disabled in the bios I've come across hardware that is detected by windoze when disabled. Is it enabled in the bios.
                      Have you tried the bios defaults in case the motherbaord has got it's plug and play ballsed up?
                      Have you tried safe mode to see if windoze hasn't installed it twice??
                      To be honest it's looking like a dead network card.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Leadtek only seems to have bios updates and Speed Gear (hardware monitoring, software overclocking tool) updates for my motherboard.
                        It doesn't show in device manager if I disable it in the bios.

To be honest it's looking like a dead network card.
                        That was prety much the feeling I had when I first discovered it doesn't work.

Comment

Q: Why can't I use PCI6 slot when the onboard LAN is enabled?
                          A: The onboard LAN and PCI6 share the same master. If you want to use onboard LAN, you can not use PCI6 slot. If you would like to use PCI6 slot, you have to disable the onboard LAN in BIOS setup.
                          Doh ! (and I had a modem installed on 6th PCI)
                          If only they stated that in the manual and not only the FAQ section on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                            Doh ! (and I had a modem installed on 6th PCI)
                            If only they stated that in the manual and not only the FAQ section on their site.

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, at least I know it works now
                              Still, I had to disable it again since I started getting a BSOD now and then.
                              Can it be more sensitive to overclocking ?
                              The PCI bus is now at 35, though the RTL8100B is rated 16.75 MHz-40 MHz capable (on Realtek's site).

Comment

Working...
                              X