Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined up

Hi

Yesterday a friend of mine brought up seti@home, and i remembered i did that once. so today i installed the programm and joined up at the murc team.
    just upgraded to a 2600+, so it will be faster than the last time i used it

Welcome back!
    How long does a unit take(are you using the gui or the cmd client)?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

At the moment im using the GUI, i will get into the text based version when i have some more time. at the moment im trying to get a place to study psychology somewhere in germany, which isnt easy, if you dont have the right grades...

after 2.5 hours i was at about half of one unit, but it needed 8 hours to finish. i guess if i leave my pc alone, i need ~5 hours for a unit.

edit: i will install the clients on my parents PC's when i next visit them, so that should speed me up a little
      Last edited by Topha; 28 January 2003, 14:04.

Comment

What name are you crubnching under?
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

same as here, topha

didnt see myself on the stats yet, ill check why

edit: when i go the the seti@home homepage it says im registered at matroxusers, but im not yet in the murc stats. any i saw that i signed up for seti almost exactly 2 years ago (janurary 31, 2001), which was when we got our DSL flatrate at home.

at the moment im only using 56.6k modem, but that will change when i move next time
          Last edited by Topha; 29 January 2003, 17:58.

Comment

There's a guide to getting started in Seti, and the final page links to the 'Matrox Users' signup page.

Check that and get back to us,

P.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I did that a couple of days back, still not listed though

but i can crunch one WU in less than 4 hours (my pc can, that is ), i know thats not much compared to what some can crunch, but still faster than on my old athlon 750

Comment

Then joining a team, you'll immediately show up on the team-list at seti.

Personal stats will look something like this:
                Your credit:
                Name (and URL) Rattledagger v3
                Results Received 0
                Total CPU Time 0 hr 00 min
                Average CPU Time per work unit
                Average results received per day 0.00
                Last result returned: Thu Oct 17 01:12:28 2002 UTC
                Registered on: Thu Jul 6 00:16:44 2000 UTC
                View Registration Class
                SETI@home user for: 2.573 years
                Your group info:
                You belong to the group named: Matrox Users
                You are not currently the founder of any teams.

Your rank: (based on current workunits received)

Your rank out of 4223640 total users is: 2774726th place.
                The number of users who have this rank: 1448856
                You have completed more work units than 0.001% of our users.

Then clicking on the link "You belong to the group named: Matrox Users", you should get up the list. If you don't show up here, maybe you is one of the "unnamed"? If you're not un-named but still doesn't show up, try quitting and re-joining...

Comment

i seem to be listed as an unnamed user, should i leave and rejoin?

btw, what do the Delta Units mean?

edit: quit and rejoined, still listed as unknown user. Anything i can do about that?
                  Last edited by Topha; 30 January 2003, 23:43.

Comment

Edit your profile at seti@home, and enable "Can we show your name on the SETI@home web site?"
                    It doesn't look that this change is immediately, but you should show up on the next stats-update.

The Delta Units in Matrox stats is the wu returned the last 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattledagger
                      Edit your profile at seti@home, and enable "Can we show your name on the SETI@home web site?"
                      It doesn't look that this change is immediately, but you should show up on the next stats-update.

The Delta Units in Matrox stats is the wu returned the last 24 hours.
                      Ratheldager he does not even show up on the S@H M.U.R.C. admin page(The Group founder page!)!
                      Last edited by Guru; 31 January 2003, 16:31.

Comment

Hmm, Guru, v3 is still showing up on the team-listing, as #705.
                        On MURC's stats on the other hands, I'm Unknown #22.

As for the admin page, I guess the email is showing.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a big problem finding me, since I guess there's not many accounts with 0 wu and last result returned 17.10.2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Rattledagger
                          Hmm, Guru, v3 is still showing up on the team-listing, as #705.
                          On MURC's stats on the other hands, I'm Unknown #22.

As for the admin page, I guess the email is showing.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a big problem finding me, since I guess there's not many accounts with 0 wu and last result returned 17.10.2002.
                          You show up but he does not! The admin page shows all members even the "hidden"!

Comment

I think I am Unknown#11 I think, but why am I unknown? Guess they just don't like germans

Comment

what e-mail did you use? PM me if you don't want to post it here and I can check!

Comment

Working...
                              X