This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 10 days experience with the 9700 pro

Ok. i have to admit. A radeon 9700 was put in my pc case for about 10 days.... and it was horrible.

3d mark score 10900, but the quality was very low.

The frame rate is not smoot as i espected. My monitor (sony multiscan 430 e 19") start to cry after tow hous running radeon demo.

Finally i decide to change the 9700 pro with the parhelia and the sun start to shine again on my monitor,

Yes, i get lower frame rate. But is all smoot and the color are very crysp.

The parhelia is a good project.
    Matrox must continue it's development.

the overall quality is marvelous

Too bad many people are obsessed with fps counters, and can't see the big picture, or even worse they deny it...
    Parhelia has a few major bugs and flops, but overall it is a great card that offers a lot to every user that wants to use his PC to the MAX doing various stuff... Hard core gamers are better of looking somewhere else and getting away cheaper but with less quality features... That's how I see the whole argument that's going on around Parhelia...
    But I simply can't understand zealotizam you can see on the internet. Get a frikking life people... Why, oh why must people force other people to use the hardware they use?

Comment

I like mine in 3d looks great compaired to my G550. However in 2d different story. What drivers were you using out of interest as generally I find my 9700 very smooth.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

what 9700 brand was that amigab?
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

though we have to stand with ATI to agaist nVidia !
          9700 must defeat GeforceFX! Matrox user must hold all together with ATI user!
          PC:Intel P4 3G |Intel D875PBZ|Geil PC3200 256MB Golden Dragon x 2| matrox Parhelia-512 R 128MB|Creative SB! Audigy2 Platinum|Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120GB x 2 Raid0|WesternDigital WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0|LG 795FT Plus|LG HL-DT-ST RWDVD GCC-4480B|LG HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868|SF-420TS
          DataCenter:Intel PIII 450|Intel VC820|Samsung RDRAM PC800 256MB x 2|matrox Millennium G450 DualHead SGRAM 32MB|Adaptec 2940UW|NEC USB2.0 Extend Card|Intel pro100 82557|Samsung Floppy Disk|Fujitsu MAN3367MP|Seagate Barracuda ST136475LW|IBM DTLA-307030|Sony CU5221|SevenTeam ST-420SLP|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868

Comment

Originally posted by chhfchhf
            9700 must defeat GeforceFX! Matrox user must hold all together with ATI user!
            No just has to be close to it.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

And that it currently is... The GFFX and 9700 Pro are pretty damn close right now. Well, ok, you can't get a GFFX yet, but according to benchmarks released yesterday, they are pretty close. Of course the gap may widen a bit by the time cards actually start shipping and the drivers get better, but ATI has the r350 getting ready to come out sometime as well...

Comment

Maybe the performance could also drop, if NVidia desides to save user's ears and drop fan RPM...

Comment

Re: My 10 days experience with the 9700 pro

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter
                  The frame rate is not smoot as i espected. My monitor (sony multiscan 430 e 19") start to cry after tow hous running radeon demo.
                  A lot of people, myself included, need to have hardware acceleration one notch below max in Display Properties -> Advanced -> Troubleshooting

This enables "smooth" fps. Easy guages are the 3DMark 2001SE DirectX 8.1 intro screen jerking around and all the fr-xx demos (esp fr-08) from fabraush jerking around.
                  "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
                  Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
                  DriverHeaven administrator
                  PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

ATI BRAND,
                    CATALYST 3.0

Comment

Off course it's "ATI brand". The question is it "BBA" (built by ATI) or powered by ATI?

Is it Powercolor?

My Radeon 9700Pro is by a long shot better than the Parhelia, no offence guys, but I'll take the slightly lower image quality and have a bug free product with better drivers. And besides that, I can't afford 3 monitors, so there's no reason to waste my money on a P...

Comment

Since i have my P, i think the stucking of the P is smoother than the stucking of Ati & nVidia
                        System:
                        P III-S 1.4@1.52
                        512 MB SDR-Ram
                        Gigabyte-6IEML
                        Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Now that's a wise statement, Gohan, nearly philosophic...
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

was BBA and PBA

Comment

If you bought it in Europe, it CAN'T be an ATi board as they have discontinued selling boards in Europe some time ago.

If you still have the box, check for markings like Manli, Sapphire, HST, Super (Supergrace), Hercules, Crucial Technology, etc...

or you can always run a search on google for its FCC ID...

Comment

Working...
                              X