Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which laser printer?

good evening everybody,

I was just checking some shops for a nice printer. old faithful canon BJC 620 finally died (printhead failed, after over 7 years. one of the best pieces of hardware I ever had. ).

since I'm a student now I have to print quite large quantities of documents and decided to get myself a laser printer.

budget: max. 300€.

postscript - well, I don't want to be stuck with this crappy GDI stuff.
    connectivity - usb / parallel, doesn't matter.

printing costs should be as low as possible, text quality is more important than graphics. pages/minute - I don't really care.

any brands I should avoid? what should I look at - except the prices for toner?

interesting offer: brother hl 1440 for 290€

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Take a look at the new hp 1005w!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

We have a number of those Brother HL-1440s at the school, including one in my office. Pretty nice printers, but kinda slow, and the toner cartridges aint cheap...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
        Take a look at the new hp 1005w!
        seems to be a GDI printer.

mfg
        wulfman
        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
        "Lobsters?"
        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Samsung ML1450 or the ML1650 if you can afford it...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

i'd scoop up a used HP Laserjet 4 or 5 series they are built to pump out pages and parts are everywhere....and toner remans are as low as 25$usd if you shop around
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

We've always used LaserJets at work, and they're pretty bulletproof. I've heard good things about the low end Samsungs lately, but I've never used them first hand. They're supposed to be very good value (ie. cheap in price, but not cheap in quality).
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The laserjet 2000 series is pretty good. The 1000 series still has to prove its value. HP lower end models have been plagued with problems for years (like the paper handling problem present on the 4L, 5L, 6L and 1100 -same problem!).

The Samsung low end models seem pretty OK. Brother is a "stay away" brand usually. Either because of defective products or lack of supplies or poor price/performance -take a pick.

Oki make some pretty cheap lasers too, but they're hard to find (here at least).

Remember: you always get what you pay for

Comment

Working...
                X