Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geforce FX review! I'm defo keeping my Radeon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce FX review! I'm defo keeping my Radeon!

Look at this Geforce FX review http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDIx

What a Peice of Shit, look at the quality of the anti-aliasing and it can only do 8x filtering compared to the 16 of the Radeon
    look at the FSSA quality! In most benchmarks it is about the same as the Radeon ..lol Sometimes the Radeon is slightly faster and vice versa.

ATI ROX!

NVidia's spin doctor's are going to need one of those Iraqi Uranium Gas Centrifuges (Which turn at low Mach numbers) to spin this in a positive way... But we already knew this was coming to pass...

BTW: 75 Watts for a Graphics card? Puhleeze. The pair of Athlons on my duallie radiate less heat.

That 128Bit wide memory bus is seriously limiting the card, and NVidia, in their inimitable fashion, put their "quality settings" in the toilet. Just when you get the 3D images to START looking good, you realize the card is losing power badly (like realizing your car just threw a rod). And it isn't a driver issue.

What did we expect?... They come at us with the Next Big Thing, and it turns out to be a Paper Tiger (That's on fire).

Hell, the Parhelia will do quite a few things better than the Geforce FX will, and it will do so for about the same money. I really need to reinstall the Parhelia in my Duallie again soon (I am in the process of building a dedicated Parhelia rig; but I need a LAN box more than the Parhelia running right now.)
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

FX bootup:

FX in 3DMark:

R9700 at bootup:

Oh lordy Nvidia is NOT getting my money this time....
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Personally I think all Nvidia has left is it's reputation for drivers and it's BiG! name. Most first time buyers or n00bs...hehe(computer iliterate)go for the big names and nvidia is one of those. So there is still a market, yet I think ATI is starting to break the crust tbh. Look at the quality of the Radeon 9700 compared to the Geforce FX, imo the Geforce FX is merely a rehashed and faster clocked geforce 4(like the geforce 4 was a faster geforce 3)
        I mean why pay 2wice as much for a card that isn't even better or in many cases worsE!
        Lets be honest ATI are going to come back and take the crown again from nvidia with the R350, Nvidia is taking the same downword spiral as 3Dfx and it's all because they missed a product cycle.
        Last edited by 3dfx; 27 January 2003, 07:07.

Comment

Yup, and on Toms they compared the imposing look of the card to a Voodoo 5 6000....could they have accidentaly found its successor? Will this be Nvidia's kick in the nuts?

Too hot, too loud, and not enough of an increase above the Radeon 9700 series. It does remind me of the V6000 come to think of it...(V5 vs GeForce2)....
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

And it looks like ATi make have another card, probably just waiting for the Fx release.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Like i already said in another thread, this seems like another 3DFX incident. Maybe those 3DFX engineers secretely sabotaged the GGFX.

Anyway i can't see how even the nVidia marketroids can put this in a postive light. BIG UGLY LOUD SLOW EXPENSIVE. Like The PIT already mentioned the R350 will probably make it in time for the GFFX (at least the specs), and will likely be 20% faster and even cheaper than the GFFX.
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

well although the end score of the GFFX in 3dmark2k1 insn't that much higher than the 9700pro, but check the individual benchmarkrelsults

it beats the crap out of the 9700 (good thing they didn't compare it with a Parhelia , I would give me a bad feeling )
                Last edited by CaineTanathos; 27 January 2003, 07:57.
                Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Too short, too late. Nvidia really screwed up this time. Maybe they can manage a 256 bit memory bus on the NV35, but for now, this FX has writen "Geforce 256 SDRAM" all over it.

ATi Radeon 9700 was really a card ahead of its time. If Nvidia needs a 500 Mhz GPU to barely beat a 325 Mhz, imagine the headroom ATi has.

When the R350 comes out, ATi will have a performance part faster than the NV30 at the same price and obviously R300 cards much cheaper that perform equally to the "FX ultra"

OMG, and the NOISE from that monstrous colling system! And even so the GPU throtles because it gets too warm!
                  Last edited by Nuno; 27 January 2003, 11:44.

Comment

To be honest, the GFFX is VERY FAST.
                    But, like Parhelia, just too much hype, so now everyone is disappointed
                    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I don't think that the [H] hit their AA part of the review right on the head...while things in the distance (such as the rails) appear to be smoother with the ATi, things in the foreground don't look quite as crisp and sharp (textures, i'm talking).

I probably won't get an FX, but I'm glad they're coming out, because now 9700's will be even cheaper. :-)

Comment

Despite this complex cooling solution, the card becomes quite hot during operation. While testing the card in an open environment (i.e., outside of a PC case), the heatsink on the back of the card reached over 68° Celsius/ 154.4 Farenheit. In a closed PC case, the temperature should increase even more.

Comment

Ok, it´s beggining

Comment

Comment

LOL @ Nuno
                              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
                              X