Adobe Premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Premiere

I'm using Adobe 6.02 and the Marvel G450eTV and want to capture and edit in 704x576 Mpeg. For some unknow reson keeps recording in avi.

I hope sombody knows the right setup or e-Mail me a pre-installed project file.

Thanks,

Richard

Premiere cannot capture MPEG without a hardware MPEG deivce for doing so. The eTV doesn't qualify since its MPEG capture is done in software, the interface for which Premiere cannot "see".

As such MPEG capture with the eTV is only possible using its PC-VCR tool or with editing software like MediaStudio Pro or VideoStudio that have their own built-in MPEG capability. In MSPro & VideoStudio's case this means capturing with the eTV's native YUY2 capture format.

Another advantage to MSPro over Premiere 6.0 is that it has MPEG encoding built in, and with versions 6.5 (and especially the soon to come out 7.0) the quality is very good.

Why edit in *.mpg anyhow? It's very lossy, which means it will generate artifacts when you add effects or titles. It and most other temporally compressed formats (DivX etc.) are best saved for distribution and not editing.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 January 2003, 19:04.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X