Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

soundblaster awe 32 vs. awe 64 value for dosgames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soundblaster awe 32 vs. awe 64 value for dosgames?

Im building a dos-computer out of old computer-parts, this computer will be used for playing dos-games and nothing else.

however I am in doubt of what soundcard to use, I have an soundblaster awe 32 and a soundblaster awe 64 value, which one is most suited for old dos games? they seem to be using the same drivers, but I have heard that the awe 64 is less compatible with pre-soundblaster 16 games, is that true?
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Yep. I'd use the AWE32, it's still hardware-identical (at least the non-MIDI part) to the SB16. Even later SB32 PnP's aren't as good.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

thanks! I will use the AWE32 then.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Yeah, I still have an AWE32 in an older system. Its the full length ISA one with 2 30pin simm slots so you can add memory for wavetable storage. So I've got 2 4meg simms on it. cackle
        Works great for old dos games, and sounds great on ones that have awe support instead of normal sb16.

Comment

Euhm, perhaps I could ask a question about my AWE32... I seem to have lost output on the right channel (only in the line-out; allthough the speakers out also act funny sometimes). I know for sure it is not a problem with the connected cable (have tested that).

On the AWE32 there is an audio feature connector:

Has anyone tried getting the audio out from there ? (or are there other alternatives ?)

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X