MSP 6.5 Program Crashing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP 6.5 Program Crashing Problem

Could anyone help me out with getting to the bottom of a problem when editing with MSP 6.5. I've been editing various animation projects recently which have been encoded using PicVideo. When I zoom in and out of the time line in MSP, far too often the program will just close down to the desktop. I can then relaunch the software as normal and reload the project, but if I don't constantly save what I'm doing, anything that was done in the previous couple of minutes has to be redone. This is making everything take twice as long as it should and is driving me nuts
    and not doing much good for my blood pressure! It also happens on some of the crossfade transitions between one segment and another, though less frequently. I think that it may have something to do with PicVideo, but I'm not sure. Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

I'm using Win XP SP1 with a P4 2.26GHz on an Asus P4B533-E Mobo, 1 gig of ram and a Matrox Parhelia 128.

Damian

Got me. I've been using 6.5 since release, and often with PICVideo, but not had that problem. Using a Parhelia as well.

One difference I've noticed: I'm using Win2K SP2 & you're using WinXP. Have you applied the XP patch?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Never seen it either. Suggest you may try a Repair installation of MSP. Sometimes a legacy error does funny things: this is fresh in my mind, because I've just cured a perceived bug in MSP7 by a Repair!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm running XP with 6.5 on an Intel PE motherboard and I use the PICVideo codec from time to time. I've never experienced this issue. Like Doc said, have you installed the XP update?
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Thanks very much for all your replies.
          I have indeed installed the XP patch some time ago.
          I'll give Brian's suggestion a go though and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X