New Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car!

Ok, finally I done it and ordered an Audi A4 Avant. I´ll only get it on a few weeks because of the extras, but it should look like preety much as this one:

Me happy
    Last edited by Nuno; 26 January 2003, 11:29.

How much in Europe for one of the things...think they list for $40K plus in the states
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

With our insane portuguese taxes, €42500 (with extras) for the 1.9TDI 130(150)Hp, but on most of the european countries that don´t have dumbasses governments I think you can get it around €30000.
      As I know american people don´t really fancy diesel cars (they really grow on trees around here ), the comparable version would be the 1.8T that retails here for around the same price.

A bit expensive I know, but after riding one of these I just had to get it

Comment

Yes, they would go for around 30-35K here.

Nice car BTW!!!

Comment

35 860€ for the standard 2.0 avant! in Finland!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Just checked!

Standard price for the 1.8T here is SEK 253 100. 1 SEK = ~9,2€, and that equalls 27500. That's without the extras.

Comment

Yes that´s more or less how I figured it´d be. Unfortunatly here we have a specific car tax that is calculated only based on the engine cm3 and on top of that you still are taxed with 19% VAT. So I payed around €14000 just on taxes
              Oh well...

Comment

Very nice car though.. for a station wagon.

Comment

A wagon will beat an SUV anyday...
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Audi. Mmm.

Almost as nice as BMW, but then again proportionally cheaper.

Plus I think the A4 might actually have more cargo room than the 325 Wagon (which is a uselessly small wagon - bleh).

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                      A wagon will beat an SUV anyday...
                      I dunno... depends on where you live. I live in Canada so SUV's ground clearance is way more suitable than the ground clearance of wagons because of the snow.

BTW congrats on ur new purchase Nuno

Comment

Almost as nice as BMW, but then again proportionally cheaper
                        Almost? He, he
                        The BMW 320d Touring was an option on the same price range, but it´s a rather old car (it´s going to be replaced on a year or so), less roomy and well equiped, and let´s face it, the latest facelift - a la 7 series - isn´t very pleasing anymore (at least for me). It´s still a excelent station wagon, and I did thought about it for a while.

Oh, and I do have a weak spot for Audi´s since I was a kid, so let´s just face it like a dream fulfilled, ok?

Anyway, thanks to all for the cumpliments

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                          I dunno... depends on where you live. I live in Canada so SUV's ground clearance is way more suitable than the ground clearance of wagons because of the snow.

BTW congrats on ur new purchase Nuno
                          The problem is that most of what passes for "SUV's" nowadays have LESS ground clearance than your average station wagon.

- Gur
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno

As I know american people don´t really fancy diesel cars (they really grow on trees around here ), the comparable version would be the 1.8T that retails here for around the same price.
                            Well part of the problem with Diesel (not evenmentioning emmisions problems) in the US is that diesel fuel sucks in the states, plus the horrible diesel engines we had back in early 80's left a sour taste in the consumers mouth. The EPA is looking at increasing the quaitly of Diesel in the US, so hopefully we'll see some of those nice European diesel motors in US cars.
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I would love to see the VW Lupo diesel over here...
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X