X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX 5.0.3

DivX 5.0.3 has now been released, here's some of the change log;

Fixed:
    Fixed a bug where the last P frame before an I frame was not displayed when Smooth Playback was selected.
    Fixed a practically unnoticeable YUV->RGB16 color conversion rounding bug.
    Fixed a bug that was the cause of some of VirtualDub's "Cannot Start Video Compression" errors.
    Fixed a few issues with DivX 3.11 compatibility.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I hate capitalism.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Comment

Somehow I can't increase the quality level, the slider reverts to default.
        So I reverted to 5.0.2 for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
          I hate capitalism.
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I guess what he wants to say is that they release a new version with almost no fixes and news and hope they will make some more profit, rather than hold on and release a complete product at a later time.

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
              I hate capitalism.
              Probably the best economic system around so far, although not perfect.

But it beats the sh1t out of communism.

Comment

Perhaps I should have said "the side-effects of capitalism".
                What Novdid said is what I wanted to say. (thanks Novdid) And I want to add that I hate this DivX company. DivX 3.11 Alpha was once so nice little underground proggie shared by all but then this "DivX Network" company comes along and turned this into a piece of capitalism shits and what? with ad-ware too? I mean come on, these people broke all the unwritten rules of the underground scene. The 3.11 days were so nice this truly underground stuff.
                And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Hmm... i'm trying to freestyle rap the above paragraph

Comment

try xvid, it is quite good.

Comment

Xvid IS the 3.11 codec, but reworked.

Div5 is ok, and the Adware (Gator) is so easy to get rid of.
                      Just delete the key in the registry.
                      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666
                        Xvid IS the 3.11 codec, but reworked.
                        What makes you think that???

afaik, they have 0.0 connection with eachother.

DivX 3.11 = MS MPEG4v3 built blabla with a few bytes changed in their dll/ax files allowing the format to be used in AVI and something else.

Xvid = ISO MPEG4 implementation from scratch (MS MPEG4v3 isn't even ISO MPEG4). The project was continued from the OpenDivX project source after it went closed-source when DivX Networks went commercial?

Comment

Ok, let me restate it.

XVID = Utter hack, trash, crud.

- Gurm

P.S. If someone gets me a WORKING XVID CODEC that will actually play all the xvid files I come across... I'll revamp my above statement to indicate that it's just the usual level of opensource shit.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm...I have a working Xvid CODEC that actually plays XviD files...at least all of them I come across. The problem I ran into wasn't that XviD was bad, but the people who packed the binary into an installer didn't do it right.

You have to uninstall any previous versions of XviD, reboot, go into system32 and manually delete XviD.ax before you install the newest version (0.9.0), which has had zero issue with all XviD files.

Yeah, it's a pain, but the XviD codec is by far the nicest looking free CODEC on the web right now.

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Jamm,

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Every time I've asked the supposed gurus about XVID, they always said "you must be stupid, it works fine".

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X