Superior Bowling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior Bowling!

So apparently there is a superior bowling match coming up between ... some Bucs (one can only assume this is the name of the club misspelt, and not ACTUAL deer... also misspelt) and some Raiders (again, we're going to assume a team name, and not ACTUAL paramilitary troops).

So I decided to see what all the hullabaloo was, and turned on the telly the other day.

What do I see, but some footsie-ball going on. I thought I was going to see the prelude bowling semifinals. *sigh*

Anyway...

I was watching this match. And in it, there were some Bronco people and some... I dunno who else it was. Anyway, one team was down, and recovered in the second half, but didn't win. And the commentators said the following:

Commentator1: "So, why do you think they lost?"
    Commentator2: "Well, I'd say the biggest reason was that they didn't score enough points."
    C1: "Would you say that they missed opportunities to score points, or just didn't have those opportunities to begin with, and didn't score points for THAT reason?"
    C2: "Well, since they needed to score points, and COULD have scored points, and DIDN'T, I'd say that they missed some opportunities."
    C1: "So you think they HAD the opportunities, ok that's interesting."
    C2: "Definitely. But in the end, they just needed more points."

WHAT THE **** IS THAT?

I mean, SERIOUSLY?

So then after the game they interviewed the captain of one footsie-ball team. I don't know which because they're impossible to tell apart except for their uniforms.

Interviewer: "So you lost."
    Captain: "Yeah."
    I: "What happened?"
    C: "We just didn't want it bad enough. Or maybe they wanted it more than we did."
    I: "Interesting..."

NOT ONE WORD ABOUT SO-CALLED STRATEGY... despite the continual ramblings of the commentators about it.

So here is my challenge to you, the MURC community who likes footsie-ball:

- Find me an INTELLIGENT conversation between an athlete and an interviewer. One where the interviewer says "why did you lose" and the athlete says something SMART. You all insist that there are smart athletes. Go get 'em. I'll take written transcription, but would of course prefer audio and/or video.

- Find me a smart commentator. This means someone who thinks Dennis Miller is a mindless prat. I know this is tough. But let's face it - Miller ain't real smart. Honest.

Good luck to you all!

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

"I hit the ball first time and there it was in the back of the net."
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
    X