DivX with AC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX with AC3

Is it possible to make divx copies of a dvd with an ac3 audio stream? if yes, what software do i need?

It is possible, but you need some additional Codecs installed and special Player Software that supports this (e.g. PowerDivX NG).
    That said I've ot yet treid it myself.
    Look at Doom9.org and I'm sure you will find all info you need.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Yes it is definately possible, it is the only way I use. With an spdif out or 5.1 channel sound card you will get the full benefit. All you need is a playback AC3 codec, I have never specifically installed one so must have with other installs. You can playback and mux in Virtual dub, depending on how you are creating you DivX files. In Gordian Knot you can just select the ac3 file and it muxes it in for you.

One thing to note, if you are using 5.1 or 6.1 AC3 audio tracks they take up a lot of space so you will probabaly need 2 CDs for reasonable quality video. If you use Gordian Knot split the file after with Virtual Dub into 2 CD sizes - split at a key frame.

To enable 5.1 you will need to enable it in the playback software, I recommend, bsplayer or zoom player. visit www.doom9.net for these (and gordian knot if you want it)

Comment

thanks, found a way already. my 5.1 system is the reason i need it

btw: i always use at least 2 CD's, because im never satisfied with the quality on just 1 CD

Comment

Working...
        X