Bye Bye Wisdon tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Wisdon tooth

It's now sat on my desk the little bastard. The little that had come through had two bits of decay while there was a section of decay just underneath the gum.
    Still feeling numb but the tooth behaved like the french army :d :d :d. A little defiance at first and then a meek surrender.
    I was glad of that.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Be glad you only had one giving you trouble. I had three on one side when I was 20'ish; the extra one coming out of the lower jaws angle horizontally, impacting one of the others

After that mess was cleared out I was on serious drugs for about a week....thank God.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I got all four of mine out in one shot when I was 19. Did your dentist knock you out before the procedure, or were you awake?

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Well I'm slightly pissed as I had a lot dental treatment when I was younger to stop the darn thing becoming impacted (Okay it wasn't fully). So I now got two gaps on the bottom jaw near the front which will never close up. If they took the two back ones both had fillings and have had to be done again since, this Wisdon would have come through happily. In the end I'll probably lose the back ones anyway.
        Yes I was lucky I agree. If I hadn't had a check up I'd probably would have a well rotted wisdom that may have broken while they were taking it out.
        Hopefully the toothache will go now or that may spell further trouble.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was born without all 4 of them and so was my mother

Comment

Julie, all her siblings, and her dad all have no wisdom teeth.

I needed all 4 out when I was 21.

But you gotta love anesthesia.

"Count backwards from 10 to 1, please."

"10, 9, 8, 7... CRUNCH - Hey, doc... I'm still awake here, starting a little early?"

"No, you've been out for around an hour. Just cleaning up in there while you woke up."

LOL.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

(Admiral: no comment on that one )

I had to have all 4 removed, due to the lack of space in my mouth (and still people accuse me (moi!) of having a big mouth)... Was quite an "operation", as there wasn't enough room to pull a tooth through (so the dentist/surgeon had to drill the tooth in to pieces, and then suck these up (eew))

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I had to have one out about 6 months ago, under a local anesthetic. The operation was quite "brutal" - he essentially tried to crack it in half lengthways (and failed - it ended up coming out in little pieces) and pull it out with a pair of pliers. It was complicated by my having long roots and this tooth being horizontal - I think he stopped just short of putting his foot on me for leverage
                Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I have had all thirty two teeth properly working since I was sixteen. No problems whatsoever with wisdom teeth. I guess laving a big head helped me for once . It is always a source of great amusement when I hear complaints about wisdom teeth. Yeah I know I am being cruel. I am glad I havent had to extract any of my teeth though, they are as hard as nails.
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                    I have had all thirty two teeth properly working since I was sixteen. No problems whatsoever with wisdom teeth. I guess laving a big head helped me for once . It is always a source of great amusement when I hear complaints about wisdom teeth. Yeah I know I am being cruel. I am glad I havent had to extract any of my teeth though, they are as hard as nails.
                    good for you but remember that nails do rot as well!

Comment

Well the injection is now wearing off. Now feels like someone slogged me in the Jaw.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I had all 4 of mine pulled when I was in High School. I remember passing out walking out of the office into the recovery room and then falling asleep walking again to the car again ...damn anesthesia is potent stuff lol.

I also remember sitting on the couch for 4 days straight watch Yelson take over Russia at the time...at least I had something to watch
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'm off the pub later. It'll ache as much there as it will at home.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I had all four out in one go when I was about 18 or 19. Just local anesthetic, so I was awake for the whole thing. After the procedure, I took two extra strength tylenol, and that was it. I had pizza for dinner that night. No swelling, no pain, no nothing.
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Had all 4 removed at 26. Local only, great hearing the crunch as the dentist seems to be using pliers.
                              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Working...
                              X