Whatever they will patent next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever they will patent next?

Came across this article while surfing..How did the patent office agree to this patent. Imagine if the US patent office (which is planning to go fully online) has frames on its website, it has just agreed to pay to use what has always been free.

The Link to the article
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Those companys are vultures!!!
    When BT tried to claim patent for the links they were at least a "normal" company that found one of their old patents and thought "were in a tight economical situation, we mayby can make some money of this" ....

But this company lives on buying old patents and applying them on modern stuff and then accoust some inoccent person or company

A-HOLES!!!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

OMG!!! that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

What does this now mean that my site can no longer use frame oh well f*** that sh**, it always has been free and as far as I'm concerned, it will remain so.

I laugh in the face of no brained people.

~Sethos
      "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

LOL.

This is kind of like AOL patenting instant messaging. It's absurd, and will never hold up... I mean, IRC has been around for ages.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I am going to try to patent open source software development. It is a *patented* way of developing software by people that disclose their source for free and allow anyone to use and change it as long as they disclose their own software for free as well. Great benefits, but anyone disclosing source code will have to pay me....
          Umf (becoming a zillionaire very soon(tm))
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Kinda makes me wonder if anyone has a patent on "a systematic, centralized method of granting and controlling an inventor's rights to his/her intellectual property"... Or whatever.

Comment

Tempest - isnt that what Microsoft called DRM?
              Lawrence

Comment

No, he's talking about patenting the patent process itself.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Don't forget the infamous XOR patent crap.

Comment

I was thinking of patenting the idea to patent something. So everytime someone wants to patent sth. he'll have to pay. That will teach em good!!

I hate patent lawyers as much as Gurm hats athletes. They disgust me.
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

SBC is "not the kind of company that would spend the tens of thousands of dollars it'd take to get a frivolous patent."
                      Sure
                      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                        I was thinking of patenting the idea to patent something. So everytime someone wants to patent sth. he'll have to pay. That will teach em good!!

I hate patent lawyers as much as Gurm hats athletes. They disgust me.
                        ROFL!

Remember the big RAMBUS patent stink?

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Wasn't that when some big dumb guy grunted at some other big dumb guy and they pretended it was "strategy"? No wait, that was the super bowl.

- Gurm

Comment

Next thing you know someone will patent the method of automatically appending the source URL to referenced materials excerpted from an electronic document.
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                            X