2 monitors. Jumping picture on main monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 monitors. Jumping picture on main monitor

I just hooked up an old 15" monitor as a second monitor on my Parhelia. The problem is that when the 15" is turned on the picture on my 17" main monitor is kind of jumping. Both is CRT. Is there something to do with this? I know that if I move them away from each other it's no problem. But the way I have my PC and monitors set up now the cables are just long enough...

Torbjørn

Try placing a piece of sheet metal (used in making ductwork ie galvanized soft steel) between the two.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

That's the best solution. You may also be able to reduce the interference somewhat by keeping the monitors refreshing at different frequencies.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The monitors are already at different refresh rates.... I think I'll try the metal thing...

Comment

Working...
        X