• Show
Clear All

• Another rice editorial on Iraq

Clunk click
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Are we not allowed to have political discussions on MURC?
      --Insert something here--

Comment

Not at the moment.

Edit: Didn't understand the VTEK until I eventually saw 'Type R' - so, it's Honda's 'VTEC' here, same there?

And I've been informed that Honda have a nickname to do with rice

And I finally noticed the Honda badge (also like the exhaust and spoiler ).

P.
        Last edited by Pace; 23 January 2003, 14:53.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
          Not at the moment.

Edit: Didn't understand the VTEK until I eventually saw 'Type R' - so, it's Honda's 'VTEC' here, same there?

And I've been informed that Honda have a nickname to do with rice

And I finally noticed the Honda badge (also like the exhaust and spoiler ).

P.
          yeah, was quite tough to figure out.

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

We got there though
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

To be controversial, I will state that I wish restrictions on topics are listed somewhere. There seems to be a secret list that doesn't fall under the "any old rubbish" category.

Comment

Ok, touched out the picture a bit... fear my l33t photoshop skillz!

Comment

perfect!

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Brian, The problem is most political discusions degenerated into a us v's them spitting match. Thats not what the soap box on murc was created for. All that happens is tempers flare and people get insulted/offened.

As Joel said there are plenty of political based forums out there if you wish for that kind of discussion.

Personally I'm all for a good clean debate but it never is left to a good clean debate here, it allways degenerates into a name calling/mud slinging match.

Dan
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Doh

Originally posted by Sasq
                      Brian, The problem is most political discusions degenerated into a us v's them spitting match. Thats not what the soap box on murc was created for. All that happens is tempers flare and people get insulted/offened.

As Joel said there are plenty of political based forums out there if you wish for that kind of discussion.

Personally I'm all for a good clean debate but it never is left to a good clean debate here, it allways degenerates into a name calling/mud slinging match.

Dan
                      It does not you !@#$%^&*!
                      chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Most of us manage to enjoy a good political debate in this forum without things degenerating (read the "Harmless?" thread). It's just a few lurking so-and-so's who set things ablaze. I re-read the first Rice thread and there was nothing at all acrimonious in it. It definitely got locked prematurely.

Far be for me to second-guess the Mods, though...

Kevin

Comment

Sasq, I understand.

Not a big deal, but I wish that mods would make these opinions public in guidelines or sticky threads before making such a big deal out of a milktoast thread as Joel did.

I certainly did not post Rice's editorial because I agreed with it.
                          Last edited by Brian R.; 23 January 2003, 19:02.

Comment

I certainly did not post Rice's editorial because I agreed with it.
                            But there are some who did and that is when things start to deteriorate. Then of course there are the few who will always jump into any thread that mentions the US just so they can take their jabs and you very rarely see them in anything else. Personally I don't care for these geo/political BS threads anymore. Basically I'm just getting sick and tried of seeing them and if you don't like that you can always take it up with Ant over in the Site Feedback forum.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I suppose it is irritating to see arguments too often in similar issues. Personally, I feel the members with unconstructive and combative contributions should be confronted individually, not the entire membership.

I have pretty much stopped contributing to the other MURC forums because of what I consider irresponsible censorship (and other issues). I hope it never comes to the point of worrying about overexuberant censorship on an open topic forum such as this.

I do respect your desires for topics to be avoided. I hope the number of topics discouraged for this reason will be minimized.

(I do not complain about moderators to Ant. If I have an issue, it will be discussed personally with that mod - everyone has a bad day once in a while...)
                              Last edited by Brian R.; 23 January 2003, 23:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X