Computer totally f*cked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer totally f*cked up

Ok, my problem: the last few days i've been having spontanious resets, I thought it was one of my hdd's at first, untill today i couldnt start up anymore, I removed the drive which i thought was broken and resetted my computer, When trying to install windows on another disk I kept on getting "unable to copy file to disk" errors, so I put both my hdd that was left and my DVD drive on IDE channel 0 and now it seems to be going ok, also I needed to put one of my SD-RAMS in another bank, to get the computer to start-up again. Did my motherboard partially die or what? Or am i just loosing it?
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Could be a faulty mem socket or the dram wasn't seated properly.
    Failing to copy file to disk was the same error msg I got when I had faulty memory.
    Ask for spontanous reboot one of my machines has just done that. It's come back so it might be a one off or the motherboard is going again. The last one poped off after three days. No warning just shut down.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Spontaneous resets often point to a power problem. Power to the CPU may droop enough that it resets, or signals may be completely lost. Check your PS, and motherboard, and whatnot.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I had a machine do that once when I had accidentaly fried the CPU... whoops. Eventually died completely.
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yeah as has been said above....sounds like RAM or PSU problem. At least that's what I would try first... To check if you've got too little power try disconnecting as masny drives as possible and see if it goes away..

Cobos
          My Specs
          AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

What the others said ... RAM or PSU. Another hot tip from me: Check for a blown capacitor on the board.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
            X