Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Broadband? Large pinch of salt required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Broadband? Large pinch of salt required...

The Reg are equally sceptical.
    FT.

They need 0.15% of the UK Poppulation (~100.000) to sign up so that their business model works out. If you ask me thats just a new way of collecting spam adresses.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

But talking of broadband, I am about to move into a new flat with the girl in London. Finally we should be there for at least a year, and so I can get broadband

Any suggested ISPs at the moment (UK)?

So far: BTopenwoe - no activation fee (at the moment), 50 quid for modem/filters, and 29.99 per month.

FreeUK (my current dialup ISP which I am more than happy with): 58.75 activation; 22.99 monthly; I can source my own modem/filters or get one through them for 99 quid.

Over a year the cost is about the same for both (which puts me in favour of FreeUK) if I can get modem/filters for 75 quid for the FreeUK option. If I stay with them for more than a year, FreeUK becomes cheaper.

Any other options/experiences? (NOT this "free" one!!)

Gnep
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

ZenADSL are not the cheapest out there.

I think their connection fee is either waivered or half price at present.

For £29.99 I get a reliable 512/256 connection. (average d/l rate is 57.1KBps. 8 Static IPs.
        50:1

I have had only one hour of down time in three months.

I would recommened them to my mother.

Their tech support is second to none.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

BT tech support is poo.
          With Zen, I have phoned them twice. Both times I was amazed, even outstanded, with their 1st level tech's knowledge.

I had a problem with my router. He knew my model inside and out. Such a nice change.

It is for this reason that i am prepared to pay a tad more each month
          Last edited by Paddy; 23 January 2003, 07:23.
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yes i am aware that 'outstanded' is not a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
              Yes i am aware that 'outstanded' is not a word.
              but it is such a good word!
              FT.

Comment

Thanks for the info Paddy. I will take a look.

George

Comment

Let me know if you need anything more specific

Comment

Does it equivalate to astounded Paddy? Yeah I know equivalate ain't a word.
                    PS Do the SHO residences in your part of the world have braodband access?
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Oh yeah sorry for hijacking your thread Tony

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                        Oh yeah sorry for hijacking your thread Tony
                        NP - this equivalates to an oustandading thread
                        FT.

Comment

ROTFLMAO is DentyCracker, while looking for jobs in London for August
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

PS Do the SHO residences in your part of the world have braodband access?
                            Hell no! I am lucky to get a phone

Comment

NP - this equivalates to an oustandading thread
                              aaustaa-oh shut up!

Comment

Working...
                              X