First Console Patch announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Console Patch announced

Two edged sword if you ask me. Personally i don't like it. When was the last time you encountered a serious bug in a console game? This will only make the publishers rush out half-baked games.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Only time will tell...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

There are plenty of serious bugs in console games. But you're right - no "show stoppers" that crash the system.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

PC programming product's nowdays are almost "have to be patched" marked!

The worst situation is when no patches comes....

The unbelieval situation were no patches are necesary is almost unheard of
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

dead link for me...anyone care to give me the gist?

I'm guessing the console is Xbox?

Comment

Frankly it amazes me the number of games that ship nowadays that are UNPLAYABLE without a patch.

Last year was particularly bad. When Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor shipped, it would corrupt your C: drive without a patch - and the patch took a month to come out!

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
              Frankly it amazes me the number of games that ship nowadays that are UNPLAYABLE without a patch.

Last year was particularly bad. When Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor shipped, it would corrupt your C: drive without a patch - and the patch took a month to come out!

- Gurm
              Don't even get started on that game... They lock the framebuffer after every frame and rewrite the Z-buffer, so any cards doing Z compression are all screwed up... Like every Radeon I've ever owned.

Comment

Off Topic:
                Xbox?? What the **** is an Xbox? by Ozzy Osbourne
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                X