!@!$!%@ Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !@!$!%@ Bank

I can't believe this. I log into my banking account online tonight and see a $3.00 fee charged to my SAVINGS account. A monthly service fee to my savings account? WTF is that??? So I call the bank and ask them what is going on and they tell me that they started charging a fee for having a savings account if the amount in the account is under $300 for atleast one day for the entire month! A fricken fee for SAVINGS account!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!

This isn't the first time they have doen this. They tried to charge me $2.00 for calling the bank to ask them a question LOL! They told me that if it was info that I could look up online or find in my statement, then they would charge me. This is insane! I am cancelling my bank next week. Anybody got any good suggestions for a enw bank in the west coast? BTW, it is Wells Fargo. I won't go to BofA either. I feel like i have to be a detective just to live these days. Everyone wants to screw you for every last fricken penny.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Yeh give em the old boot.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Find a credit union. In general, they seem to treat you a little better than the average bank.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

After you take your money from the bank, call them 20 times to ask them questions that you could have looked up on their web site.
        --Insert something here--

Comment

:Laugh:
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
            After you take your money from the bank, call them 20 times to ask them questions that you could have looked up on their web site.
            They'll probably just send the bill......
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

What do you mean by a "saving account"?
              Is this an account where you simply put your money and have to wait a tot of years before removing them, or you can use credit cards and the like to access the money?
              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
                Is this an account where you simply put your money and have to wait a tot of years before removing them, or you can use credit cards and the like to access the money?
                Its normally a place you place money to gain intrest on..even though that sucks these days with interest rates being so low in the USA. I get a whopping 1% on my savings account. The first thing your thinking about is CD account which has a bit more intrest on it but you can't add or remove money at will if you need it for something.
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I get 2% on my savings, and 1.25% on my checking, I believe.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Find a credit union. In general, they seem to treat you a little better than the average bank.
                    I have tried one credit union in the past with the illusion that you just mentioned, which is that they treat you better, are more friendly, have better interest rates, etc... Unfortunately, this turned out to be the exact opposite. Maybe I had some bad luck, but here is what really happened...

First of all, they treated me like shit. Why? Because I live in the Bay Area and I am white. The closest branch is in Fremont which is heavily populated with Asians. I walk in and they barely give me a glance let alone try to help me, I have to ask someone after stnading around for 10 minutes even though there is only one other person in this CU. I am VERY nice to everyone and I talk to everyone. I always make sure I go the extra mile to tell people to have a good day and thanks, etc...I treated all of the bankers with that same respect but they basically blew me off and barely acknowledged me just to get the job done. I figure it was a fluke and left.

Next, I call 2 months later to get a "good" interest rate on a car loan and they are worse than my regular bank and the car dealer!!! I call the branch manager to express my concern and he basically tells me to go blow smoke, so I tell him to close my account. end of story.

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
                      I have access to the money at any time with one government made restriction: You can't withdraw money more than 6 times per month. This isn't the issue, the issue is, I have had this bank since 1991 adn the savings account has always been free since day one. Suddenly they are very sneaky and start charging me fees behind my back.

Dave

Comment

I work for one of the Big Five banks in Canada, and I don't even use their savings account. The current rate is as follows for their so-called "Premium Rate Savings" account:
                        up to $4,999.99 1.250%
                        $5,000.00 and over 2.250%
                        The regular savings account is even worse:
                        up to $4,999.99 0.050%
                        $5,000.00 - $24,999.99 0.100%
                        $25,000.00 - $59,999.99 (s) 0.350%
                        $60,000 and over (s) 1.000%
                        s = interest rate earned on this portion of your balance
                        Instead, I use www.ingdirect.ca, where the current rate regardless of balance is 2.75%. They also have a "no fees" policy, meaning they never charge you a fee for anything, ever.
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Still you could have invested your money like my mother did and invest it and now find that your money is at the same value it was when she started. If she left in the back or removed a few months after Sept 11th she'd be better off.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Fees are becoming popular here too.

I like to get my transactions printed out once in a while for the last ~3 months to keep track of my eBay auctions. So i let them print out like 6 DIN A4 (US Letter) pages with my transactions.

But a few months ago they started to charge you 3€ PER PAGE. I was about to ask them if i can have that printed with gold ink then.
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

My bank charges me if I don't use my bank card at least 8 times in a month. That account is getting closed this week.

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X