Anyone else has an Audigy2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else has an Audigy2?

Bought one last month and so far no problems. Still looking for a new home for it as I plan to get rid of this KT7 by next month. MSI are not co-operating, as they won't release their 746FX based solution. I have even got sound out of it in Mandrake 8.2 (with the OSS drivers though). The sound is decent with the Inspire 6.1 6700 if you don't turn up the volume too loud (and I can't since I live in a building with 17 other occupants). So how have your experiences with the card been. I haven't installed the SOF2 or the Hitman 2 that came with it.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

My friend has one in an a7v333. He has issues. :-(

Comment

A7V is VIA no? say no more. Should work like a champ with the SIS746 though.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I think I'll either wait for the Audigy3 or get something else....

I'd be happy to keep my Philips PSC706 if they only started releasing drivers like they did only about 6 months ago.

Now we get not a peep out of them, and I'm part of their beta tester program....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I have been quite lucky over the 2.5 years I've had this KT7, apart from the odd hiccup now and again it has been well behaved. As it is 2.5 years old I believe it is time I unload it before it starts with the Abit capacitor thing. I am not getting an nVidia based mobo so I am waiting (impatiently) for the 746FX boards, preferably from MSI, but will go ECS if have to.
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty, Iwill are expected to be releasing a 746FX based board and if they can perform the same magik as they did on the XP333-R it should be blinding
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

*ahem*

Ok, my Audigy 1 with the Audigy 2 drivers is great. Many people with the Audigy 2 have similar experiences, only better because DVD-A works, and the response curve is more uniform.

As for the Philips, K6-III, the reason I avoid them is that their driver release schedule is VERY iffy. Philips also has a nasty history of "forgetting" that they ever made a card. Go try to find their modem support page (hint: there isn't one). In fact, even NOW their sound cards can't be found on their main site!

I avoid Philips like the plague. Great hardware, great sound - lousiest driver support ever. As recently as early 2002, their cards bluescreened both Win2k and WinXP. Yuk.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

I agree that the early Philips drivers were horrendous. That was why I pulled it out of my machine for a few months until something decent was released. Then Philips went crazy improving drivers like there was no tomorrow, when suddenly, at release 1.89 everything stopped.

What happened to the momentum that built up is still a mystery. Mark is looking into what happened in that regard and I look forward to the results of his inquiry.

As for the Philips sound site, on need only go to pcsound.philips.com

Comment

Oh, and it just so happens that they released the 3.02 drivers for the PSC604/605 on 01-20-03

Comment

hey gurm,
                    any link where they explain how to use audigy 2 drivers with the old audigy? or do you just install them? what are the benefits and what are the disadvantages?

Comment

Topha, I'll make a new thread and maybe someone will make it sticky. (Greebe, por favor?)

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        Topha, I'll make a new thread and maybe someone will make it sticky. (Greebe, por favor?)

- Gurm
                        Hmm should be in the forum FAQ and not here right?
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Yeah, we moved it. All done now, read it and let me know.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                          X