DivX DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX DVD

Sometime in the next couple of months im gonna get myself a DVD burner, and I'm just curious: If i put a couple of divX movies on one DVD, is there a way to get a menu on the DVD (like all the movied DVD's have), in which i can select the movie i want player? Or is that not possible yet?

If it is to be played back strictly on a PC, the answer is yes, but for DivX to play on a standalone DVD player the answer is no. Atleast not as far as I know, I haven't see or heard of a standalone doing DivX.

To do it for a PC, it is pretty much just a data disc with an autorun menu. I use one that is not a menu within WMP, but is a seperat little app that has menu buttons. I then edit an /ini file to have the buttons play whatever video I want, associating it with WMP. I usually just do one movie to one CD and it works great.

Here is a link for the one I like.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Darn, it Sciascia, you beat me to it. That's pretty much what I was gonna say
      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

You can convert your DivX movies to MPEG2 then create your own DVD with menus etc. You'll need some form of DVD authoring software, I suggest you take a look at www.doom9.org and www.vcdhelp.com for a wealth of helpful information on the subject.

Comment

There's one now...

Originally posted by Sciascia
            If it is to be played back strictly on a PC, the answer is yes, but for DivX to play on a standalone DVD player the answer is no. Atleast not as far as I know, I haven't see or heard of a standalone doing DivX.

Comment

Thanks Ant, but i want the divx format so i can put several movies on one dvd, instead of one movie on several cd's

Comment

C'T published an article this month about a modified X-box that plays DivX.
                Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Working...
                X