Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Major Update

Hey Guys,

You're probably wondering where i have been all this time. Well of course i am still at Matrox, still alive and kicking. Few things have happened since my last post, so here goes:

1- I'm going to be responsible for games related questions on the <a href="http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mgaforum/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Gaming&number =10&DaysPrune=30&LastLogin=">Matrox Gaming Forums</a>, so if you have a problem with a game, your best bet is to post it there. Note this does not include troubleshooting problems in case your game crashes, or freezes on you....

2- As noted above, i will still be monituring these forums, but i advise any game related issues to be posted there. Keep your eyes peeled there on all game related news with Parhelia, including new Apptimizer, new Surround Gaming demos or patches.

3- The list of Surround Gaming games is growing rapidly, right now we're about 37 shipping titles and we will hit the 50 mark around March, with about 30 or more coming at the end of the year, so that makes plenty of games. Keep checking the Surround Gaming <a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/surrgame.cfm">page</a> since i update it regularly.

4- There have been 4 releases of games supporting Surround Gaming, including:
    <br>Nascar 2003 Season Demo
    This one works great, just select the resolution and off you go!

<br>I.G.I 2: Covert Strike Demo
    The latest single player demo fixes all issues with Surround Gaming, so your compass will look right!

<br>Strike Fighters Patch
    There's a patch that is now released for Strike Fighters, the cockpit will now look right in Surround Gaming!

<br>Freedom Force Patch
    Latest patch for Freedom Force now adds Surround Gaming support, just select the resolution and your superhero will see more!

All these downloads can be found <a href="http://www.3dgamers.com">here</a>, if you missed them

5- Asheron's Call 2 now properly support Surround Gaming, the game will automatically update you to the latest patch when you run it, so no more objects appearing and dissapearing.

6- A new version of the apptimizer is in the works also, that should add more games support as usual, so stay tuned for that.

That's all i can say for now, again for any game related issues please post it on the Matrox official forums,

Cya there!
    Last edited by R0M; 31 January 2003, 22:06.
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Sweet thanx for the update
    The underlying fact of the essence of life is if you stand on your head everything becomes upsid edown

Comment

Rom what the go with the surround gaming titles, are matrox bothered with old games that can be placed in surround game mode. Such as Age of Wonders.
      The underlying fact of the essence of life is if you stand on your head everything becomes upsid edown

Comment

R0M, I almost solely play Fighter Ace (by www.jaleco.com). Any idea whether SG support is planned for that?
        Umf
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

We note ROM states:
          "1- I have taken over all game related issues on the Matrox Gaming Forums, so if you have a problem with a game, your best bet is to post it there. It's better to do it this way so people are supported properly when they play their game on a Parhelia or G400, they will get an official answer from me of what to do in case his game breaks."

So probably best post messages at http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/forum/agree.cfm
          Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Working...
          X