No announcement yet.

Am I missing anything? (Bragging Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing anything? (Bragging Post)

I've got the impression that if my video is not crystalline, then I can make it look like "I meant to do it" as a form of "artistic expression". The way that I've figured out how to do this is by having excellent sound.

I've been reading up on binaural microphones and using the human head as a 3D spatializing baffle, so it's been my goal to equip each of my camera guys (3 of us) with minidisc recorders and binaural mics for camera specific environmental audio. Each camera's built-in mic is being bypassed in favor of shotgun mics for mid-to-slightly distant dialog. And I'm using one wireless mic and 3 receivers for distant shots with the hopes of dubbing in dialog using the dialog from one actor as a cue.

I also recently acuired a SONY TCD-D8 portable DAT that we will be using for boom mic dialog on inside and close outside shots!

In all, I'm going to have over 10 channels of CD quality sound to mess with for each shot! In the end, I'll have plenty of audio to play with using Adobe Premiere's Panhandler Surround Plug-in.

Audio is important...

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.
    Deep is not the root word of depression.
Working...
X