Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Audio Player? Plugins? Best High Birate File Sharing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Audio Player? Plugins? Best High Birate File Sharing?

Basically, my system is done and it's time to make a new collection of songs. I've heard good things about Monkey Audio, but as far as mp3s go, what's a good player? What plugin goes good with it? And anyone know of a good file sharing program that has some high birate files, such as in the 320s? Thanks for any help.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Err...

Ok, here goes.

Kazaa Lite is your best bet. There's a new version out, but it's not linked to from all the Kazaa sites, so here's a link:

The one you want is Kazaa Lite, K++, 2.02 Build 5 (complex enough for ya?) which has unlimited bitrate, lots of files downloaded at once, and all the shitware removed.

As far as players go, it's up in the air. Some people like Winamp, some like ... err ... some others.

I prefer Winamp. I use version 2.81 with the MAD plugin 0.14b.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I downloaded the latest version of Winamp (3?) it wasn't that stable with my already fragile system.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Winamp 3 is GARBAGE.

Winamp 2.8x is the way to go. The DFX plugins rock too.

File sharing...
        Kazaa lite
        WinMX

Comment

erm, what is this mad plugin?
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Go get.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Phew! And here's me thinking it was this:

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

Odd, that site is completely blank in Phoenix, but works fine in IE.
                chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Two arguments come to mind:

1. The people who wrote the page need to not target IE.

... or ...

2. Phoenix sucks.

*GRIN*

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                      2. Phoenix sucks.
                      Hey, Phoenix is great for testing ASP code against Mozilla.
                      If it works, you're in the clover.
                      chuck
                      Last edited by cjolley; 21 January 2003, 17:54.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Anyone use Foobar? And what about ASIO support? How do I get it in Winamp? And is Kazaa lite better than the actual program, cause I've used the program and it doesn't do well to find high bitrate files.
                        System Specs:
                        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                          Odd, that site is completely blank in Phoenix, but works fine in IE.
                          chuck
                          You should update your Phoenix version as the page is displaying fine here using Phoenix 0.5...
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

ASIO support in Winamp can be obtained (albeit with a little work) at:

- Gurm

Comment

A jap site huh. I'll check it out. Does anyone use Foobar? It's a pretty good player but lacks some of the "eye candy" that other players have, but in some areas I think it's better than WinAmp. I'm trying to find out if there is an ASIO plugin for it....
                              System Specs:

Comment

Working...
                              X