This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosque raid doesn't go down well with some Muslims

Well this is what they found so far from our well known friendly Mosque.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

A lunchtime some where the claiming that the raid was racist. However reading this link seems show that the police were very reluctant to act.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Personnelly I think the place should be closed down if it was a church it would be.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Absolutely. Talk about reverse discrimination.

If it were a church, synagogue, or cathedral it would be roped off, closed to the public, and everyone inside arrested - including the pastor/priest/rabbi.

But since it's a mosque, the cleric gets to roam free (despite his repeated insistence that he doesn't know HOW all those guys got in there or WHERE the stolen credit cards and forged passports came from), they still hold services, and the police are THIS close to apologizing.

Bah! Stupid friggin' muslims.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmmm. The location had been undertaking illegal activities. Well at least some of the people were. This sound like gentler than normal police action rather than harsher. They were more respectful than they needed to be.
      But then again the accused always cry foul whether they are guilty or not.

Comment

[
        Originally posted by Gurm
        Absolutely. Talk about reverse discrimination.

If it were a church, synagogue, or cathedral it would be roped off, closed to the public, and everyone inside arrested - including the pastor/priest/rabbi.

To be honest if a church was being extreme it would soon find itself short of a congration and yes the pastor or priest would arrested. But what the heck it is the pc correct Britian

But since it's a mosque, the cleric gets to roam free (despite his repeated insistence that he doesn't know HOW all those guys got in there or WHERE the stolen credit cards and forged passports came from), they still hold services, and the police are THIS close to apologizing.

Well at least we can watch where he goes and line a few more suspects. To be honest he should be thrown out of the country. If he was born here it would be diffcult so I suppose you've got Jail and treason.

Bah! Stupid friggin' muslims.

Nah stupid Brits for being soft. Probably the main reason why AL_Q isn't openly very active here. Why upset a country thats easy to penetrate and one you can use to plan activities against it's best buddy America. This may change if we do start clamping down

Lets bring back Oliver Cromwell
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

He said details remained sketchy but he hoped police officers had not entered the main place of worship, especially with shoes on. That would be considered highly sacrilegious.
          Are they ****ing serious?
          #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
          people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd
            Are they ****ing serious?
            Uh...yes. There are a lot or religions that require people to take off their shoes in certain parts of their religious buildings. It's not just common to the Muslims.

I can see how a policing action in the Mosque would require them to ignore said request, though putting booties over their boots could possibly ease tensions.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I think it's pretty much customary to remove your shoes when you enter someone's home, but I would not expect ambulance technicians or firemen to stop and remove there shoes before coming in to assist someone.

Likewise, I don't think during a police raid cops or agents should have to remove their shoes before entering.

To be honest, I would find entering with a weapon a tad worse then entering with shoes. But then given the illegal documents, stun gun etc, gas cannister etc that were found, why should they care if police brought weapons in.
              #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
              people do all day!"

Comment

Hmmm .. Yeah ..

Kenny Everitts phrase ... Round em up and put em in a big field......... AND ..................

Springs to mind !!
                Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

To be honest, I would find entering with a weapon a tad worse then entering with shoes.
                  They already had weapons in there, a few more wouldn't hurt.

PS - Let me get this straight...a police officer in London was stabbed to death during an arrest by an Muslim connected to that mosque and then they wonder why the police suddenly cracked down on it? lol ... talk about blame-shifting.

Jammrock
                  Last edited by Jammrock; 20 January 2003, 13:51.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Don't forget Muslims are allowed to take weapons into a Mosque in case they're attacked while at prayer. Now whether Muslims are allowed to store weapons for attack one could argue.
                    The police officer was killed in Manchester due to not taking the threat seriously by the way unless theres been another shooting.
                    Dogooders who try and make the most of this I would love to hear there opions if there family got killed by one these nutters.
                    Anyway the police said the offices were searched and not the praying area of the mosque. So extremists now know where to hide the stuff in future.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Police insisted the raid was carried out sensitively, and said they had not entered parts of the mosque used for prayer
                      hmm... i wonder where they are going to hide them next time

I might build a prayer room in the back... to house my unquestionables....
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

What they were doing there sounds mild compared to what is done in other Mosque around the world where they train would be suicide bombers and manufacture the explosives.

Joel
                        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

We really ought to just spray down the clerics and their mosques with bacon grease on a regular basis. If they don't like it, they can leave the country. If they react with violence, mow them down.

Comment

Joel two sucide bombers have been linked to this Mosque.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

You know, if this lot had been in charge 60 years ago, Hitler could have sent some old ladies coffee club over to take over the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X