Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Outlook blocked access to the following...'

pants.

I spent the past week making some revision notes for myself and some friends. I compressed them with winzip, and then remembering the hassle i had in the past trying to get them to unzip it, i made a self-extracting EXE.

Of course outlook wont let me or my friends open it now...

Any suggestions on how to get my work back??? i cant forward the email as it wont send the attachment.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I imported my mail into OE but that wont open an exe either
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

nice friends you got. dont you know? friends dont let friends use outlook!
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

LOL

Cheers! Should i change my mail client then???
        Is there a way to let outlook/OE give back my work?

Comment

Yeah, there's a registry setting to override this "security" feature. Additionally, some people ... Tour de Force software ... made a freeware utility to do it (as part of a promotion for their total exchange-management system).

Umm... hmm, apparently a login is required. Bleh. A bit too large to e-mail, so msg me and we'll get it to you somehow.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks for the fix. It works a charm now!

Comment

Yep. Nothing you couldn't do yourself in the registry, but it's a pain to shut down Outlook, fire up regedit, navigate 18 keys deep, make a new key with a bizarre long name, and put file extensions into it. Bleh.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

I guess i should get on with some work now

Comment

Working...
                X