Parhelia Incompatible with Dell 220?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia Incompatible with Dell 220?

I had a Matrox Dual Head G400 installed with two NEC FP1350 monitors. Replaced the G400 with the Parhelia and three FP1350 monitors.

Booted and installed software. On reboot, the system will not get past the Windows Splash Screen? Just like this post:
    ================================================== ================

The solution was:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Louie
    posted October 04, 2002 04:49 PM

Which patches did you install for the chipset of your motherboard?
    You will need to install the latest 4in1 patches for the VIA chipset of the motherboard before installing the Matrox drivers.

Louie
    Matrox Graphics
    Technical Support
    Hardware group
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQITAOS@AOL.COM
    posted October 07, 2002 02:04 PM

Well I finally got my Parhelia installed. It was only after the VIA 4in1 install that the computer booted up fine and let me adjsut all the settings. Thanks to the support team for bearing with me when I was losing my patience. Tech support by phone was great too.
    One other question, when I restarted my computer after I defragged just to give the system a fresh brain, the display setup reverted back to single monitor and base resolution. I used the Powerdesk to change back to my 2 monitor layout, but is there any reason why, perhaps in the BIOS?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I have a Dell 220 Workstation that uses the Intel 820 chipset(Intel chipset Id software and visual). I have dual PIII 933 CPU's running w/512MB RAM. Win2000 Pro OS. It is running Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS ver. 1.10 A13. No IRQ conflicts; Tried upgrading chipset drivers from the Intel site, but would not work. There are no other cards in the system.
    I have read most all posts regarding the Parhelia and answer some of the questions you normally pose as follows:

Try the following steps in this exact order.
    - Uninstall your drivers with the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel or use the uninstaller from here http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr.../ftp_util2.cfm
    DONE, IN FACT HAVE TRIED CD DRIVERS AND MATROX WEB SITE LATEST 1.3.9.43 DRIVERS

Also remove the dot NET and any update for the dot NET from Microsoft. - DONE

- Reboot and go in your system BIOS.
    - Be sure that USB is enabled – DONE……ENABLED
    PNP OS set to YES - NO FEATURE PRESENT
    Assign IRQ to VGA enabled – NO FEATURE PRESENT
    AGP aperture size set to 256 or the highest - DONE
    - Boot in normal mode.
    - Upon detection of the card install drivers from windows list only or cancel the install wizard. Do not install Matrox drivers at this point
    NO MATROX DRIVERS INSTALLED AT THIS POINT.
    - Install any available update from Microsoft. - WIN 2000 ALL UPDATES INCLUDING SP3.
    Install the dot NET and do the SP1 for dot NET from Microsoft. - MS .NET INSTALLED PLUS SP2.
    - Install the latest patches for the chipset of your motherboard. – CHECKED AT DELL AND I HAVE THE LATEST VER. A13 OF BIOS.
    - Reboot. - DONE
    - Install the latest Matrox drivers from here by running the setup once the files have been extracted. http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm
    DONE….I HAVE THE LATEST VER. 1.3.0.43 FOR WIN 2000.

Reboot…..same problem…just keeps rebooting…never gets to “windows starting”.

So, is the card ok? - I placed the Parhelia in another computer with a Gigabyte GA-81HXP motherboard running the Intel 850E chipset. It worked fine on the CD installation!!

I have checked the Dell site for any driver upgrades, but I have all the ones available that would apply….nothing for the chipset.

Software Startup:

Program Command User Name Location
    Check for TWS Updates c:\jts\wiseupdt.exe /c TRADING\BOB Startup
    TClockEx c:\program files\tclockex\tclockex.exe TRADING\BOB HKU\S-1-5-21-484763869-1275210071-725345543-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    discfix c:\dell\discfix.cmd .DEFAULT Startup
    Synchronization Manager mobsync.exe /logon All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    POINTER c:\program files\microsoft hardware\mouse\point32.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ccApp "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccapp.exe" All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ccRegVfy "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccregvfy.exe" All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    GhostStartTrayApp c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton ghost\ghoststarttrayapp.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SymTray - Norton SystemWorks c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\symtray.exe setreg All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    QD FastAndSafe ňÿ>rogram files\common files\symantec shared\symtray.exe setreg All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    PestPatrol Control Center c:\program files\pestpatrol\ppcontrol.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    PPMemCheck c:\progra~1\pestpa~1\ppmemcheck.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Matrox PowerDesk 8 c:\winnt\system32\powerdesk8\powerdesk.exe /silent All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Appears the Matrox Parhelia is incompatible with the Dell 220 workstation motherboard. Btw, the Dell was purchased in June 2000 and is not totally out of date with technology. It runs all software well and have not had any problems.

Any chance of a driver update to fix this incompatibility problem?

Bob
    Last edited by BobC; 19 January 2003, 12:43.

Any chance of a driver update to fix this incompatibility problem?
    You'll need to ask Matrox about that.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X