VirtualDub green preview and bad histogram for G450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualDub green preview and bad histogram for G450

I've meant to ask about this for a while. I have a Matrox G450eTV and in VirtualDub you can view input video in Overlay mode OK.

However, if you switch to Preview mode the pane just turns green. Also if you bring up the histogram it just shows a single vertical line about half way along - I suppose this is just a representation of the solid block of green!

The VirtualDub help file advises using the histogram to make the correct settings to brightness and contrast before capturing, but in my case the histogram is useless.

Is this a known problem with Matrox cards? Or is there an additional setting I need to change?

I can live without the Preview mode, but it would be nice to get the histogram working properly.

Alternatively is there any other method I could use to set the best brightness and contrast settings before capturing in VirtualDub?

Thanks

Colin

The same problem

I have a g450 etv card running on w2k. I get the same problem in avi/io and msp6.5 trying to use preview mode - green screen. Capturing works fine but it would be nice to use the waveform/vectorscope to tweak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    X