• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parhelia voltage mod finished

(german text only)

the results:

from bulk 200/250mhz -> 272/340mhz

looks like they messed up the benchmark pics at the moment.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Again, I will warn users against this.

Voltage modding WILL kill your Parhelia.
    It might go for a week, a month, or even two or three months. But it will die in short order. It will not make 6 months, no mater what radical mods you do to the cooling on the card.
    The chip cannot take higher voltages and live a decent lifespan.

If you really don't want your card, ship it to me before you fry it...I'll give it a good home...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I think people who do voltage mods will understand the consequence.

anyways, those are pretty impressive numbers, but "nature" is still behind, probably because of drivers.

Comment

i think add Vol is very danger
        PC:Intel P4 3G |Intel D875PBZ|Geil PC3200 256MB Golden Dragon x 2| matrox Parhelia-512 R 128MB|Creative SB! Audigy2 Platinum|Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120GB x 2 Raid0|WesternDigital WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0|LG 795FT Plus|LG HL-DT-ST RWDVD GCC-4480B|LG HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868|SF-420TS
        DataCenter:Intel PIII 450|Intel VC820|Samsung RDRAM PC800 256MB x 2|matrox Millennium G450 DualHead SGRAM 32MB|Adaptec 2940UW|NEC USB2.0 Extend Card|Intel pro100 82557|Samsung Floppy Disk|Fujitsu MAN3367MP|Seagate Barracuda ST136475LW|IBM DTLA-307030|Sony CU5221|SevenTeam ST-420SLP|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868

Comment

Well, I'm crazy enough to go ahead and do it anyhow....

Once the thermal adhesive arrives for attaching my custom-made copper heatsinks to the IC's.
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

If you really want to waste your money that much, send me the card
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sorry, Sasq...I offered to give it a home first.
              Need my address K3?
              Better yet, if yer gonna butcher a card, swap with me, and butcher my card, and give me yours...mine is a pre-production (OEM speed) sample (AKA green-wire special )...
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

why do you wnat to mod your cards when you know they will die?i mean lets remember the alpha cards, they had huge heatsinks so you can bet they were high voltage high clocks maybe around 300mhz to warrant that heatsink but they must have all died a horrible death otherwise we would all have 300mhz stock parhelias in our machines, it just seems a waste of £300 to me for a few extra fps.
                is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I don't think it is the heat alone, pure voltage can start killing stuff.

Comment

I won't give it too much increase.

All I want is for the card to go upto 250mhz.

Then it just needs to last me until P2 comes out (assuming it does)...

Comment

i didnt mean it was heat that killed it, due to the higher clock a bigger heatsink was necesarry to dissipate the heat but this is fine as the heatsink can take the heat away, however the only way to clock higher is to increase the voltage which leads me to the conclusion that the alphas were high voltage high core clock low life expectancy parhelias, ie they were testing how high they could reliably clock it.
                      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

whats the point K6-III? are you really going to notice a difference in games? the only thing that you will be able to see a noticeable difference in is 3dmark, and that is just a bunch of numbers, it doesnt mean anything, thats a waste of a lot of money if you ask me; just for what? bragging rights for 3dmark?
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

coming from MR "uber ghetto case mod", that is a strange call.

I am interested to see how well it lasts.
                          Don't bag him, what he's doing may be an expensive mistake but if anything he will confirm the longevity of a volt modded parhelia.
                          And if it lasts(fingers crossed) that will a cool achievement.

And it may result in matrox selling at least one more parhelia(his replacement)

even the bunnies agree
                          Last edited by Marshmallowman; 20 January 2003, 05:37.

Comment

Why do I overclock???

It is a hobby of mine...

I am doing this as an experiment of sorts....

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                              Why do I overclock???

It is a hobby of mine...

I am doing this as an experiment of sorts....
                              Well if it's a hobby, then I cant see any reason why not I mean some ppl play GOLF! and others others overclock or some do both

Comment

Working...
                              X