how are TV channels worldwide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are TV channels worldwide?

Today I was eating lunch, I was alone so I sat in front of the TV trying to enjoy my food but I couldn't.
    In my area we have 9 free channels, in 6 of them the same shit. Something they call "zapping" with the "best" moments of other TV channels. The other 3 were showing ads and one of them a text-advert with the local radio sounding.

It's impossible to watch quality TV here, when you get a good program they put so many breaks for publicity that you loose any interest in watching the program. And the news are so biased that I'll qualify them as political adverts.
    Some years ago if you watched TV at late night you could see some great "alternative" or classic movies. Now they just put stupid programs with the "best of our channel in 1995" or "guaranteed, loose weight without effort with the gym-fart 2000"

Is it just in Spain or that same thing is happening all over the world?
    I think the TV as we known it in the 80s/90s is dead.

PS: I'm not talking about cable/payperview TV but the free one which comes from the good old coaxial wire.

ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I must say it's quite good around here.

On some channels you can view good movies (popural and alternative) without any commercial breaks. A lot of channels only have commercial breaks between different programs . But offcourse there are also crappy sitcoms, tv-shows, etc on TV here.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I really miss SBS in Australia.

Australia's multicultural and multilingual broadcaster. Includes news, sport, entertainment, documentary, film, food, radio and television schedule with program information.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Talking about local channels.
        The movie and TV series offer is quite good, though too much adverts.
        There are some good talk shows and entertainment shows.
        There are sitcoms and tv-shows that suck big time, mostly pale copies of foreign format.

And the news, well, if there is a good thing about the news is that they're not that political biased, they do pick on the administraton. Yet there is that big bad part about the news, about them doing their best to tell about every single rape, domestic crime and horror that happens in this country.
        I mean, I understand that these things happen, here and in other countries, but here they show it with such "lust"

Comment

Kill your TV.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'll love to do it but I think it could be considered like a crime in a tribunal.
            I'll make it look like an accident. I hope the CSI guys are busy with the TV serial and don't investigate in how a 25" TV did suicide itself jumping from a 3rd floor balcony.
            <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

CSI is prob one of my faves at the mo - the lower numbered uk channels are ok - we pay to get the free digital ones cos we dont have a digibox of our own and they mostly suck - hence csi
              hmmmmm

Comment

yeah, same here. All the commercial channels in austrlia used to fill their late night slots with old(er) movies..etc., But now its just the shopping show's and all that telemaketing type crap...luckily we have SBS

Comment

200 Channels of Digital Mayhem here...

And still, ABSOLUTELY nothing on.

Well, at least it's not the BBC.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

As the saying in the US goes, "500 channels and nothing to watch."

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

actually its 100 channels and noting to choose from or something like that - pink floydd lyrics - the wall. I cant b bothered t look up properly as i hve a cold and browsing the forums is more fun and idont have to think - so there
                      hmmmmm

Comment

slump, you have FREE broadcasts over the COAX? That's better than we have in the US. The only free TV channels we get are via radio waves which never come in clearly.

And 'round here (no, i don't live in the sticks), we only get ONE free channel.

Start downloading more good shows. :-)

LOL@Wombat.

Comment

I like to make my own TV Considering that i get really crap channels in my room (Indonesian MTV, CNN, TV5 and some local ones) I just download away from Kazaa...currently I have Seinfeld, Twilight Zone, Futurama, Twin Peaks, OZ, Simpsons...hundreds of episodes of real TV entertainment
                          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                          X