Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly PAL video output

Hi!
    I've got a G200 TV, purchased in Canada.
    Now, in Europe, I notice that the PAL output has greenish-blue shades. Any attempts to fix it with the HUE does not help, because it would get eiter too red or too green. It just needs some yellow. Any idea?

If I remember correctly, the Marvel G-200 had different versions for PAL and NTSC, as the method for encoding the chroma signal is different.

It may be time for a new method of capturing. Sorry!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The point is that I want to transfer video CDs on a tape.

Comment

Borrow a DVD player?
        Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

No, I mean DIVX coded movies

Comment

I've bought a cheap ($35) Ati Rage 128 VGA adapter for my son's PC that has great PAL composite output. It doesn't do DVDMax or anything sophisticated, just outputs the desktop. He can play his games on the big TV now and doesn't need a monitor. At 800x600 resolution sharpness isn't bad at all. This might be the cheapest way to convert your clips.

Comment

Does it mean that the Matrox TV output is crappy?

Comment

Certainly not, but I've got only one Matrox and several PC's. My PAL model (Marvel G200) has excellent TV output but I rarely ever use it for that. During the last few years I've only used it for recording SVCD's.

If Matrox had kept the drivers up-to-date it would still be my capturing hardware of choice. As for now, I've found a big improvement in a Terratec Cinergy 600 for capturing. In fact, I believe the combination C600/Matrox G550DH would make a terrific analog editing system for little money.

Comment

Originally posted by egov
                  The point is that I want to transfer video CDs on a tape.
                  Can you please be more explicit. What formats of VCD and tape? If you are trying to convert standards, then the Marvel is not the tool for the job, is it?
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                  X