Explain your screen name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain your screen name

Now that you told us what your avatar means (http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39199), tell us what the significance of your screen name is, and how it came about.

Mine is derived from my name (which is Dana...and no, I'm not a girl, sorry!). When I ran track in high school, "Dana" wasn't a hard enough name I guess, and I was usually called "Dino" by the guys I ran with.

So in '97 when I signed up for hotmail, my friend told me to choose a screenname, and suggested my nickname. But Dino was taken. He then told me to throw a "cool or something" in front of it. Taken. I changed the "c" to a "k" and it went through. I've held onto the name just for the sake of consistency.

My name is Eftychios and since most people non greek have a hard time pronouncing it right I use Efty for simplicity.

Comment

I'm wondering if Kooldino is collecting information about us
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Way back in 1992 I called myself Zokes cause I had Marzocchi Zokes suspension on my mountain bike and when I got into college I changed it to ZokesPro.

Disclaimer: Suspension pic may differ from actual suspension on ZokesPro's mountain bike.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Mine is... hmm... not quite sure what my name means. Oh well.

Comment

Well, mine's just one of those über-l33t names that one comes up with when he has to find a screen name real fast. That, and I actually like the game in question.

But I'm actually pretty sick of the name by now.

Comment

Ok so my name...

The history: I when I was a kid I used to be quite the theif, quite good too, but then I grew up and realized that this was stupid and wrong...

There is a character in a book series that I read: Sethos. He is also a former "Master Criminal" and has now (1914) turned over a new leaf and become a helper of the people you might say.

Another nickname that I was given by the same book series was: Ramses... both were pharos of ancient Egypt...

~Sethos (ver. 2.0 fully honest now thank you very much )
              "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Hm...explain my name.......it's a nontranslateable ancient Cybertronian word (I lost track when Kup and Perceptor started to argue about the translation to modern Cybertronian )
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
                  I'm wondering if Kooldino is collecting information about us
                  haha, that suggestion is SO absurd!

Thanks to my info gathering, I know where you live. Expect my represntatives to drop by later to speak to you.

Comment

I predict Kooldino's next thread subject to be "Explain your sig"

Hmm, about my nick... it sort of comes from the days when I was a little kid and the family had an Apple ][. There were two things in particular - games which recorded your high score along with a three-letter 'ID', and the UCSD Pascal system, which had three-character disk labels. Of course, everyone used their initials in the games and on their personal Pascal disk (we all tried programming to some extent, only dad and me got anywhere with it), but I've got two middle names and therefore four initials, which won't fit. So my dad suggested I shorten my name (Robert) to 'RBT' and use that, and I've always used it as a login and whatever since then.

So why Ribbit? Well, if you try to say "rbt" as a word (rather than R-B-T), you'll sort of say something which sounds like "ribbit". There you go.

So it really does have nothing to do with frogs.
                    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Mine comes from back in my college days. MMP121 was my userid in college. I've used it ever since for email and the like, as that's what my friends and familiy members know me as.
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

i dont know
                        The underlying fact of the essence of life is if you stand on your head everything becomes upsid edown

Comment

First CPU from AMD to be faster at something...

....and that kickass trilevel cache...
                          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III

....and that kickass trilevel cache...
                            Oh yeah, that CPU was badass in it's time.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                              No it wasn't. Those 486 DX4s were there too.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X