Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• display IRQ resources (small tool) ?

Hello,

I'm trying to help a friend in finding a computer problem (dropped frames when videocapture). Currently, I'd like to check his IRQs (thinking a shared one is to blame), so I'm looking for a simple program that does just that (he lives quite far).

So, I know there must be some way in XP Home to see the IRQ settings, but not having XP Home, I cannot tell him how to reach all of this.
    Does anyone know of a simple program that shows the IRQs ? (just click it, and it displays)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information/Hardware Resources/IRQs

or via Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/System Information/Hardware Resources/IRQs

right click on the IRQ list window and Save as text file

in 2k/XP it only lists the used IRQs while in 98 it also lists the free ones.

Comment

start>run>msinfo32>ok

Comment

damn, beaten to it by Admiral

Comment

And I thought you were somehow making fun of the long path version(s)

Comment

Thanks guys !
            (how could I forget msinfo32 ??? )

Well, euhm, actually, I preferred the method described by ayoub_ibrahim : it was easier for me to explain to a very "basic" computer user (as my friend is working on a Dutch XP, and most of the items Admiral listed are translated - as I am working on an English W2k, I have no clue about the chosen translations)...

Thanks again,

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

OT: If you find yourself troubleshooting for other people a lot, take a look at VNC (get the enhanced version at http://www.tightvnc.com ). I find it invaluable - if my sister phones up and says "I'm having a problem with XYZ on my computer", and it's not immediately obvious to me what the problem is (or how to explain how to fix it), I can just say "Start the VNC server program and I'll take a look from here".

OK, you can have your thread back now.
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Thanks, but he has no internet connection...
                (And actually, at home neither do I )

Originally posted by Ribbit
                OK, you can have your thread back now.
                Well, euhm...
                I kinda figured I had the information I needed, so euhm... please, be my guest !

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

Working...
                X