UT2K3 texture question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2K3 texture question

I seem to recall reading here that there was a way to increase the texture size beyond what is available in the menus of the game, to some insanly large textures.
    However, I can't find that post.

Anyone know how to crank the textures WAY up via the .ini?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Pull down the console and type "preferences" without the quotes.
    P4 2.4ghz|1024mb PC800 RD Ram|Gigabyte GA-8ITXE|Soundblaster Audigy Mp3+|Parhelia -512 (Bulk)|D-Link Gigabit NIC|IBM G97|Lian-Li PC-86

Comment

Thanks.
      That tells me how to get to the advanced preferences.
      I knew how to do that.
      But it doesn't answer my question.
      I asked how to get the larger textures via the .ini.

There are hundreds of options in the advanced prefs. If there is a way to do what I want there, great...but your post doesn't tell me what options, in what section will do that.

Thanks anyway.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Open your UT2003.ini

in [WinDrv.WindowsClient] change the TextureDetail...= from whatever they are set at to UltraHigh

Comment

Some of the bigger maps will really start to get jumpy fps if you go to insane with the textures ..lol

Comment

thats where you need a 256meg parhelia

Comment

Ah well yes, as this game will really take advantage of the Parhelia 256mb of mem. Though the question is, has anyone in the murc tried the Parhelia 256 and how does it do??

Comment

At $584 I doubt many would try it....
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Aren't there any 256mb Radeon 9700Pro's ?
                  I seem to remember a German company that announced, maybe produced by now, a 256mb version.

Comment

:drool: at 256 mb Radeon 9700 ...lol

Comment

Found them, it's Xelo.

Now if only I could find that Swiss company that makes 2 and 4 chip versions for military use

Comment

Working...
                      X