Pilots's Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots's Trial

Why is this trial public? These men risked their lifes and now the media is making this a bigger mess than it is.

What do you expect in war. Mistakes are made, it is part of being human, but having these people and the victim's family go through all these BS media attention is just not right.

I assume you're talking about the friendly fire case. Of course it should be public - it's a manslaughter case. Personally, I hope the blame shifts where it belongs: the culture of forced drug use.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I don't know about the forced drug use. What I know from my army service is that people make mistakes when under pressure. They made a mistake and should pay for it, but having a public trial and the jurnalists all over the case does not make the whole situation easier.

Imagine how would you feel if you risked your life for your country and then being accused of manslaughter and facing 64 years in prison!! If was in such a situation I would not hesitate a second to shoot back.

Comment

I didn't see the case.. could you post a link efty?

Comment

Comment

That's a tragedy.. what are the precedents for dealing with friendly fire cases, I wonder? It is, as they said, the responsibility of their commander to brief them before their mission. If they were not properly briefed and the allies did not have proper communications with each other, it is the fault of their commanding officer for sending them on the mission.

Comment

Just another case of the higher ups on both sides of the issue looking for a scapegoat.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

That's a shame. Looks like the "commander" is the one to blame.

Comment

Working...
                X