Cancel one hundred trains a day to improve the system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel one hundred trains a day to improve the system

Yes the rail network is too full so they're going to stop a few trains. But you know you shouldn't be using your car.
    Come on Government put some money into the damn system.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Yeah get everyone out of their cars and onto public transport by cancelling most of the trains and screwing up the bus services

Comment

I'd get myself an autogyro, but you're not allowed to fly them over built-up areas.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

And I thought privatising the rail network was meant to improve the service It's now worse than ever and with no signs of improving.

Of course they plan to do the same thing with the tubes so that will be totaly screwed soon too
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

your system is probably still considered "very good" according to our standards. Railway here really sucks, bus-transportation is quite good though
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

As an American, i would just like to say that compaired to us, you are all in Rail Road Heaven.
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
              As an American, i would just like to say that compaired to us, you are all in Rail Road Heaven.
              chuck
              It ain't much better in Canada either.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Actually I have never had any complains regarding the railway service here, works perfect AFAIK. One thing though, it could have been cheaper, as I'm under 26 a plane ticket to Stockholm goes for around $30, but a train ticket goes for ~$50.

But if you think about it, it actually takes the same time by train to get to central Stockholm. No hassle to get to the airport, checkin in, waiting for your bags, getting yourself to Stockholm etc. You get on the train and you're strolling around in the capital 4 hours later...modern trains are also a whole lot more comfortable than airplanes too, no small and tight seats!

There is talk about privatising the whole thing though, but I really hope that won't happen!

Comment

To cross Canada and back by plane it would cost you around 3000$CND. (Ontario to BC for example) 4hr trip, 3-4 days by train

By trian, economy class, it's about 700$ minimum from Ontario to BC (round trip). 4 day trip
                  From Montreal to Toronto (600km) it's 130$ minimum. 6 hour trip

It would be a lot cheaper by bus, but I would rather take my car.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

They expect you guys in the UK to start riding bicycles now.

Comment

Sasq just smiles quietly to himself.
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I was in london during Christmass. Why does the Tube close down at 12?? Also why do the shops close at 4pm on Christmass Eve!!

Comment

Originally posted by efty
                          Also why do the shops close at 4pm on Christmass Eve!!
                          That's an easy one: Because people want to be home with their families. Deal.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

But 4 pm??

My parents run a small retail business and are open until 9pm christmass, easter and new year's eves. And this is in a small town in Cyprus not London.

Comment

The tube sucks as well I can remember waiting 45 minutes for the correct train back into London when we visited Viglen. Loads of trains on the otherside of the platform £u!! all the side I was on.

You've got to make public transport cheaper than using the car. Using tolls just attackes the employed and many smaller companies. Those who transport across the boundaries think they either close or have to put the prices up. Larger companies will have to over travel exspenses as part of the package to attract new emplyees or relocate out of the city.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X