X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week can only get better...

Sunday: Router dies.
    Monday: Wing grazed & dented on my car in a car park
    Wednesday: Rear of Wife's car crumpled by high speed impact (fortunately while empty)
    Thursday: Notice of Intention to Prosecute for speeding (38 in a 30mph zone). Probably £60 & 3 points (my first ever).

Friday ...

T.
    FT.

Things will get better, they always do. Just look at me, the first week of January was awful, but now it's much better so I'm sure that next week will be better too.

Edit: GNEP is right, for me it happened in three, and it all started getting better when my grandma started feeling good again, since then things have been smooth.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 16 January 2003, 10:57.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

OK, disregard the router... (it's not car related) - and you have already had your run of 3 bits of bad luck... so you'll be fine

I hate weeks like that - but at least it's nearly over Tony

George
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Re: Week can only get better...

Originally posted by Tony Andrews
        Wednesday: Rear of Wife's car crumpled by high speed impact (fortunately while empty)
        Thursday: Notice of Intention to Prosecute for speeding (38 in a 30mph zone). Probably £60 & 3 points (my first ever).

Friday ...

T.
        Sunday bad luck very annoying
        Monday very annoying.
        Wednesday Very annoying but much relief becuase of what could have been.
        Thursday. Well you know you'll get caught one day. Even more annoying when you get pulled over for speeding when you've noticed you just gone over and slowed down. The copper always pulls you when they see the brake lights.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

'Always look on the bright side of life, de do, de do, de do de do de do...always..." Cheers for the optimism guys.

As you said TP, much relief at what might have been. She had only left the car a few minutes when it happened.
          Tomorrow brings the first assesment of the damage. It'll probably cost roughly what the car is worth (only ~£1000) , so it may get written off, which in some ways is good because Wifey wants a smaller car, but I'd rather not be getting into finding/buying another car so soon after Christmas.

'Always look on the bright side of life, de do, de do, de do de do de do...always..."

T.
          FT.

Comment

Good time to buy though as dealers will be keen to do a deal.
            I got away going past a speed camera at fifty in a forty limit. I didn't see it as I was checking my mirror to see if this car in my boot was still there. he wasn't as he hadn't found the acceralor from the traffic lights. If he was I was going to pull over and let him past. Luckily the camera didn't seem operational or the fine is still in the post. It was eight weeks ago.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Mine took 1 week to arrive, so I guess you got lucky.
              I was racing for an infrequent right-filter at the next lights and realised too late what I had done.
              In my time I have driven many many tens of thousands of miles, privately & work-related, so I guess if I got to 34 before getting caught for speeding I was doing rather well. I hope I go at least another 16 years...

T.
              FT.

Comment

Gonna get harder as speed cameras is a easy way of raising revenue and the new digital cameras which work out your average speed between points rather than one single point.
                Remember the Government is going to need to raise more money to help pay for things like wars etc. So the money raised in fines will eventually like the road tax and other taxes disappear into a black hole.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was racing for an infrequent right-filter at the next lights and realised too late what I had done.
                  Is that under that railway bridge at Nelson Mandella Park?

I drove back (escaped) from Wales last night. I was the only car on the M69 and i was doing about 105MPH (flat out). Out of nowhere a cop car appeared BEHIND me and started flashing his lights at me. I moved over to the left hand lane and he over took me and carried on at what must have been 120MPH+... not quite sure what happened there....
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Re: Week can only get better...

Originally posted by Tony Andrews

Friday ...

T.
                    No ticket? They want to take you to court?

If it was just a ticket I would say don't worry about it, but that's ridiculous. At least no one got hurt on any of those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]

I drove back (escaped) from Wales last night. I was the only car on the M69 and i was doing about 105MPH (flat out). Out of nowhere a cop car appeared BEHIND me and started flashing his lights at me. I moved over to the left hand lane and he over took me and carried on at what must have been 120MPH+... not quite sure what happened there....
                      On the Pizza run for his mates or trying his new car out.

I once got away twice doing 90+ on a motorway in a space of half n hour. The case of the white spec in the mirror doing the same speed for several miles and then the blue light comes on. Striaght past me same again a little later. After the second time I drove the rest of the way back at 70 mph. I decided I had my luck that day.
                      Another time pig car trying to hide on the slip road and I spotted him as I went past at 100. So no brakes and I let my speed back down to seventy. He dropped in two cars behind me thinking I wasn't watching. A few minutes later car full of teenagers goes flying past on come the blue lights and thank you teanages as I disapear into the distance.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                        No, this was on King Richard's Road between the Augustine bridge & Glenfield.

Well the quote for repairing the Astra is £1590, which is way more than it is worth, so its write-off city for it. It's a shame really as it's still driveable & reliable. I've taped the lamp cluster together (with a lot of improvisation) and taped it to the car body to try and make is waterproof.

Anyone got a couple of grand spare so we can replace it?

Like Paddy & TP, I've had my share of luck over the years, so I had it coming.

@HJ: its just terminology. The first letter is to establish who was driving, and to explain the likely outcome is a £60 fine & 3 points on the licence. 13 points total gets a ban.

T.
                        FT.

Comment

How long do the points last two years???
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Valid for 3 years, visible for 4.
                            FT.

Comment

Insurance raised for seven no doubt.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X