Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marvel compatible with Premiere 4.0/5.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Marvel compatible with Premiere 4.0/5.1?

I am a very avid Premiere user (still use 4.0, can't afford 5.1 yet), and I was just curious whether either Premiere version works with editing video with the Marvel. If so, would I import the video as AVI or is there a Premiere plug-in that allows it to edit MJPEG? If anyone here has any comments on their Premiere/Marvel setup (or if it's even possible), please respond.

------------------
    "I'll see you at the opera tonight. I'll hold your seat till you get there. After that, you're on your own."--Rufus T. Firefly, Duck Soup
    "Bad films gave me the courage to try making a movie. I was aware that I didn't know anything about making films, but I believed I couldn't make them any worse than the majority of films I was seeing."
    --Stanley Kubrick

Premiere 4.2/5.0/5.1/5.1A works pretty well with the Marvel, just be sure to have the INI file present in the same directory as the Premiere executable. It is supposed to allow premiere better control over the Marvel CODEC. Check out adobe.com for more info...good luck.

------------------
    300MHZ K6/2, Epox MVP3C MB, 64MRAM, Marvel G200, Promise FastTrack IDE RAID (14GIG)

Comment

I've tried using Premiere 5.1a with the Marvel. You need have the following lines in the INI file to capture using MJPEG compression...otherwise it just hangs:

[override]
      NoDirectShow=1

But once I edit the file and I try to export it in MJPEG format I get this error:
      "An error occurred while making the movie. Codec compression error.

This codec may be unable to support the requested frame size, or there may be a hardware or memory problem."

And after clicking OK the another window pops up saying:
      "An error occurred. Error writing file (disk full?)."

I checked adobe for the INI file which bonecheese mentioned....but i can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what are the lines I need to put into the INI file? Please help!! Thanks

Comment

Hi Stickmann,

when you tried to export your movie, which resolution did you choose ?

If you choose one which is not supported by the Matrox drivers you will get the message mentioned by you.
        Try to use the same resolution for exporting that you used for capturing at first.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

Hey Uwe!!

Thanks a lot! It's working beautifully now!

Comment

when you say "just be sure to have the INI file present in the same directory as the Premiere executable. It is supposed to allow premiere better control over the Marvel CODEC"

do you mean the premiere .ini file or do you mean a ini file to do with the matrox mjpeg codec, which file is it?

cheers Michael

Comment

Does anyone know where can I download premiere 5.1c presets for Marvel G200? The prem50.ini file that worked (not so well...) in Premiere 5.0 seems not to work!

Comment

hi,
                did you ever find those pre-sets?
                i could sure use them
                CMB
                Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I'm using;

[override]
                  PrintToVideoFixed=0
                  NoDirectShow=1

[AudioCapture]
                  SoundRecUtil=C:\WINDOWS\Sndrec32.exe

[codec]
                  keepopen=dmb1

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...