Dr. Kyle on HeadCasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Kyle on HeadCasting

Kyle: Anyone remember the Matrox HeadCasting Engine? LOL! In all honesty, it was probably just a-head of its time. Still funny.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

No Comment!

Comment

Ahead of it's time more like a complete waste of time.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

is this kid a 10 year old? after bringing up this comment, i assume that he is trying to say ATI is stupid for going the same approch as Matrox. great, he's trying to contradict himself. smart guy.

I think i know why his great judgement lead to what happened to his own forums. if kyle is reading this: STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD, I AM SORRY BUT IT MAKES YOU LOOK REALLY STUPID.

as a supposedly "professional" reviewer (or the lack there of), the least he can do is to be unbias about a certain company.

Comment

He's still holding a grudge for not getting a free Parhelia for review.
          He's been badmouthing Matrox since P came out because of this.
          Real mature, huh?
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I agree and disagree at the same time with the comments being made in both directions...

Kyle and the site have made immature comments before about the P... To be honest though that is what made that site what it is...
            it's entertaining news and reviews...

The P didn't preform as most would have liked, it's plagued by inefficiencies and short-comings... Esp. in the target audience of the site, which is a Gaming enviornment...

I'm not defending him, nor would I tear him down for the comments...
            to me its like a joke, some you get, some you don't, some just plain offend you...

To each their own
            Craig
            1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

@Stringy: I totally agree with you that Parhelia wasn't as good as it could be. And that is a fact: early Parhelia-512s are buggy and slow.

Actually I do know he's making a joke, but you are right, he did offended me simpily because making these kinds of jokes repeatly, numerous of times is extremely annoying and not funny at all, especially when such a critical quote is directed to an independent business which can potentially affect sales, especially when this is being published on such a large site. I am only questioning his professionalism, that's all.

Comment

Professionalism??
                Kyle (and his cohorts) have no idea what the meaning of the word is.
                It's truely unfortunate that his hack site has become so popular. People believe what they read, and what they post there is greatly biased and profoundly unprofessional.
                Last edited by Kruzin; 15 January 2003, 22:45.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I must make here some comments. i use the Headcasting under 2k with a Friend and we comunicate a lot with our 3D-heads. It ist still funny, but imho the most genius Communication technology, which is still running on Modems with accetable Performance.
                  Yours faithfully,
                  The AngeL @ Unreal Soldier

Comment

this is the first time i hear someboyd actually used headcasting

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                      this is the first time i hear someboyd actually used headcasting
                      it about 2 or 3 Months that i don't se it, but the reason is that i use only Linux.
                      Yours faithfully,
                      The AngeL @ Unreal Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                        Professionalism??
                        Kyle (and his cohorts) have no idea what the meaning of the word is.
                        It's truely unfortunate that his hack site has become so popular. People believe what they read, and what they post there is greatly biased and profoundly unprofessional.
                        Unfortunately for Matrox rather “strait up in their boots” marketing department, it is a popular site (customers are always right and more customers == more sales, regardless of you think they are right or wrong) and they do make a lot of noise, and as a result of not willing to cooperate or spend some time with the hardocp.com to “sell” their product in an acceptable way, Matrox voice was not heard. The result is hardocp.com filled the void left willingly by Matrox PR/marketing people and got tons of bad publicity - absentees are always wrong.

Had they been more flexible in willing to sell their product, they might have come clean out of this – at least with a neutral opinion.

In a war of words the truth is always the first victim and people not even willing to communicate are labeled deceitful and get to wear a black hat.

Mind you I don’t like the “attitude angle”of hardocp.com, but again customers are always right and it is a popular site, so IMO Matrox marketing department didn’t do its job correctly, the result is bad publicity.
                        Last edited by Eon; 16 January 2003, 09:03.

Comment

Fairly spot on there. I don't have much respect for either Matrox's "Mad Marketing Skillz" or HardOCP's juvinile attitude.

Still, what do I really care?
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Still, how would it look if Anand, Tom, Kyle, et al all heard about the banding, and saw how aggrieved the affected owners are?

That would be a lot more bad publicity, but it appears that reviewers always manage to get 'good' units

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

ROFLMAO... i have got my G550 close to 1.5 years now... and i have never tried head casting. ROFL

Comment

Working...
                              X